AVIC411.com

Avic F940BT, Software Update Error, Black/Blank screen

Hi everyone,

I have a F940BT that i tried to update to 5.100 from 4.00. I followed the guide and instructions to the book.

Even followed a video from pioneer in australia. I did the 1. program ucom write and it ran the update twice before coming up with cs err.

I wasn't able to exit out of the update console. In the end i managed to get the head unit to turn off but now it will not boot up at all. No boot logo just a blank/black screen.

Does anyone know what i can do to revive the unit back up please? 

Many Thanks

Smurf

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like exactly the same problem i just had. The unit is stick on Program Forced Write.

Followed the steps exactly so why will it brick. My screen is currently still on and seems i need to pull my battery to switch it off. Only reason i updated was to get the appradio working, now this.....

Update

Upon returning to my car, the screen was off and the system seems to be fine now. Did give me a lil bit of a scare. Don't even care if the firmware update completed, just glad to have it back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a F940BT that i tried to update to 5.100 from 4.00. I followed the guide and instructions to the book.

Even followed a video from pioneer in australia. I did the 1. program ucom write and it ran the update twice before coming up with cs err.

I wasn't able to exit out of the update console. In the end i managed to get the head unit to turn off but now it will not boot up at all. No boot logo just a blank/black screen.

Does anyone know what i can do to revive the unit back up please? 

Many Thanks

Smurf

Hi all,

I've got the same problem as you... 

Bought a 2nd hand avic f940bt.

Installed the 2013 maps (worked perfect after that)

Bought and installed the ui202navi for iphone 5 connectivity

Read that I had to update firmware to 5.1.

Put the firmwared on formatted sd-card

Here I used write all ucom data, instead of write ucom data.

So i saw two rows updating. and it was successful.

Then I waited, and waited... nothing happened... so I thought. ok lets try the "write ucom data".

It started writing again, but repeated it several times with a CS error.

Then the unit would not shut off. at all, not even when I removed the key.

Then I tried to navigate, and when i doubletapped the screen, the unit shut off.

And not it has been staying off since... no life at all.

I tried disconnecting the battery, and checking the fuses... no reaction.

what to do? any suggestions?

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi

I also have a F940BT which ws installed 5 days ago.

I tried to update to 8.05 from 8.02.

I did the same as Smurf786 - I followed the instructions and followed a video from Pioneer Australia - Published on Oct 20, 2013.

I ran the first ucom and it completed then it ran again and read "erasing" and the it read "cs err".

The screen stayed on for about 1 hour (I could not turn it off) and then turned off by itself.

I now have a black screen.

Does anyone have any updates?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

the same problem like my avic f940bt, 

I ran the first ucom and it completed then it ran again and read "erasing" and the it read "cs err".

The screen stayed on for about 1 hour (I could not turn it off) and then turned off by itself.

I now have a black screen no light. please help