AVIC411.com

pioneer new 2014 navigation line up is here!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just did the comparison between my z150 and the new NEX8000 - looks like the z150 is actually more feature packed (at least in some areas). BUT, and this is a big one, it appears that the new unit offers direct control of iphone/ipod which could be great if it's actually true. currently with z150 the only way to access music (if you have the hdmi/vid set up) is via bluetooth or appradio mode - and it would be so much easier/nicer if one could just plug their phone in and have access to their entire music library without having to go through bluetooth, carmediaplayer, or another crappradio app. anyway, will wait and see what they can do when my dealer gets one for me to look at.

i was going to do the z150bh but i had this feeling i should wait till the new model show up and then compare.

the new one has capacitive touchscreen now.

i was told that the we can plug in our selected cell phones and it will access the phone much better and can charge the cell as the same time.

it does appear that they still have NOT made a mute button the face.

why???

just did the comparison between my z150 and the new NEX8000 - looks like the z150 is actually more feature packed (at least in some areas). BUT, and this is a big one, it appears that the new unit offers direct control of iphone/ipod which could be great if it's actually true. currently with z150 the only way to access music (if you have the hdmi/vid set up) is via bluetooth or appradio mode - and it would be so much easier/nicer if one could just plug their phone in and have access to their entire music library without having to go through bluetooth, carmediaplayer, or another crappradio app. anyway, will wait and see what they can do when my dealer gets one for me to look at.

Well from what I've seen from various pics around the internet this blows the 150 out of the water, the comparison chart does not do it justice, READ THE DESCRIPTION. The bigest improvements are in functionality and the UI, the UI looks like 2014 and not 2004. Another big WOW is the receiver can pull traffic, weather, and gas prices from your phone and overlay that info on the map screen. It has Siri but I'm an Android guy so it would be nice if it had the "ok google" feature. I've had the Z110, Z130, and the BT140. I refused to get the 150 because I was like this is BS Pioneer time to upgrade, so I waited and it looks like they delivered big time. I don't know if anyone has noticed that the maps look different, also the 13band EQ (about time), and you can create Pandora stations with the headunit. But between what I've read on Engadget about this radio and the info on the Pioneer site this is a VERY NICE step up. This will look great in my Navigator, I have my piggy bank fattened up :), time for price negotiations.

yes your correct. new info has become available which this unit will deliver new shiotts for us.  i too have been waiting for years. im comming from the z1 unit. 2004. 

articles can only decribe small items that can be seen for now, since they will be released in feb 2014.

so for i like all these new / improved features. i will be one of the first to get one for sure.

here is one of the article that helps deliver more information.

http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/7104/pioneers-pioneering-new-multimedia-infotainment-head-units-nex/

ces 2014 videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0EkOS2NwUw&feature=player_embedded

NEX-Enhanced-Navigation-Image.jpgENHANCED USER INTERFACE
More advanced than ever before, NEX features a responsive, powerful and intuitive touchscreen user interface that is easy to use and highly customizable. iPhone 4S and 5 users can even control NEX and their smartphones using Siri Eyes Free mode. Clearly, NEX is designed specifically for today’s smartphone and tablet-driven lifestyle.

NEX-Pinch-and-Zoom-img.jpgPINCH-AND-ZOOM NAVIGATION
The flagship AVIC-8000NEX features the world’s first capacitive touchscreen in an aftermarket in-dash navigation system. Multi-touch gestures like pinch to zoom, plus simple swipe and scroll controls put everything NEX has to offer at your fingertips.

NEX-Future-of-Navigation-img.jpgFUTURE OF NAVIGATION
In addition to the latest mapping and turn-by-turn directions NEX provides an enhanced navigation experience, featuring cloud-based services such as over-the-air traffic updates, and augmented map details with 7.9 Million Points-of-Interest. Places like restaurants, gas stations and ATMs, three of the NEX models with built-in navigation receive over-the-air traffic information to help you get where you want to go. NEX-Stay-Connected-img.jpg

STAY CONNECTED
Sync your compatible iOS, Android or MirrorLink smartphone with NEX for a truly connected experience, bringing many of your favorite apps right into the dashboard and letting you communicate using advanced high quality Bluetooth connectivity.
NEX is compatible with iOS, Androidâ„¢ or MirrorLinkâ„¢ smartphones for a truly connected experience. In addition to playing numerous sources and file formats, Pioneer’s AppRadio® Mode allows you to bring many of your favorite apps right into the dashboard. 

All NEX models feature built-in Bluetooth® that enables both hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming. Including the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, NEX provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. When streaming music, NEX even let’s you browse and select the media stored on your smartphone using the AVRCP 1.4 profile, a first for a Pioneer in-dash receiver.

NEX-SIRI-Eyes-free-img.jpgPOWER OF SIRI® Eyes Free
Users of an iPhone® 4s, and iPhone 5, iPhone 5c or iPhone 5s device can take advantage of Siri Eyes Free functionality. With a simple touch of the NEX touchscreen, Siri starts listening through the NEX unit’s external microphone and answers your questions and requests over the vehicle’s speakers, helping you keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. NEX-Sound-quality-for-all-img.jpgSOUND QUALITY FOR ALL
Your car and your music are as unique as you are. With a Pioneer NEX in-dash receiver, sound quality features like built-in Auto EQ and Time Alignment, 13-Band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe settings and built-in high/low pass crossover with adjustable points and slopes provide you with the controls to tailor the listening experience to your vehicle and listening preferences.

MirrorLink_logo_150x35.jpg

Expanding on Pioneer’s philosophy to enable consumers stay connected, MirrorLink™ opens the door to more smartphones that feature MirrorLink technology. MirrorLink gives you a custom interface so you can access your music, map services and your phone to make calls on-the-go, hands-free of course.

MIIXTRAX_logo_150x20.jpg
Keep The Party Going!

Keep the party going with MIXTRAX, an innovative Pioneer technology that creates a non-stop mix of your music library complete with a range of DJ-inspired effects. Drawing from Pioneer’s rich DJ heritage and our passion for music, MIXTRAX delivers a unique DJ infused listening experience to those in the car. MIXTRAX takes the music from an iPhone, iPod, USB device, or certain Android devices and plays it back with added transitions and effects, creating a virtual DJ inside the Pioneer receiver.
MIXTRAX makes automatic remixing of tracks extra-quick and easy. Simply connect your USB compatible device and listen as tracks are joined by various random sound effects in Non-Stop-Mix Play to keep the groove going in full swing.
MIXTRAX also features Club-Style Illumination that enhances the mood with a dynamic dance club-like lighting effect. As MIXTRAX begins, lights start pulsing to the beat of the music, adding an extra level of entertainment. Choose among multiple patterns of lighting variations from sound pressure level or low-pass synchronization modes.
For more information please visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/mixtrax.

aha-radio_logo_150x34.jpg

ACCESS YOUR FAVORITE WEB CONTENT SAFELY AND EASILY

Aha™ Radio provides you with up to the minute content made available from the convenience of Pioneer’s touchscreen interface. Listen to the latest Facebook® updates or Tweets from your friends. Listen to thousands of stations that include internet radio, podcasts and audiobooks. Receive traffic information, restaurants and coffee locations personalized to you instantly, safely and easily.

Compatible with Apple iOS, as well as Android devices that support the Bluetooth® Serial Port Profile (SPP). Simply download the free Aha Radio app to your iPhone or Android device and connect to the AVIC-8000NEX to control your own personalized entertainment experience. 

For more information please visit www.aharadio.com.

Bluetooth_logo_150x37.jpg

HANDS-FREE CALLING AND AUDIO STREAMING

Stay safe and obey local hands-free laws with built-in Bluetooth® (HFP). Easily pair a Bluetooth® enabled phone to the AVIC-8000NEX without having to go through complicated settings. When a registered Bluetooth® device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.

If you have a compatible audio player device that also features built-in Bluetooth®, you have the ability to wirelessly stream (A2DP) and control audio (AVRCP) to the receiver.

HD-Radio-Logo_150x47.jpg

MORE MUSIC. MORE STATIONS. MORE FEATURES. DIGITAL SOUNDS. NO SUBSCRIPTION.

The AVIC-8000NEX features a built-in HD Radioâ„¢ tuner allows you to enjoy your radio in an all-new way. With HD Radio, you can listen to the radio in the same unmatched fidelity as your digital music. Your FM stations now with CD-quality sound, AM stations now with FM-quality sound, and crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. It offers new extra local FM channels so you can enjoy more music, news, and sports – All 100% subscription FREE! 

For a complete list of HD Radio stations currently broadcasting in the United States or to learn more about HD Radio Technology please visit www.hdradio.com.

SiriusXM_logo_175x42.jpg   SiriusXM_XTRA-Channels_logo_175x42.jpg

YOUR FAVORITE STATIONS WHEREVER YOU GO, WHEREVER YOU ARE

The AVIC-8000NEX is SiriusXM Ready so you can listen to commercial-free music, all your favorite sports, exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, news, traffic, weather, and more!. Simply connect the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV200V1) to the dedicated port on the rear of the receiver and control and enjoy satellite radio without additional translators or cables. Features like Tune Start, Tune Scan, Replay, and iTunes® Tagging will be available on the receiver. The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (SXV200V1) is sold separately. Also, a subscription to SiriusXM Radio is required. 

To learn more or to purchase the tuner, please visit SiriusXM.

AppRadio-Mode_logo_150x43.jpg

THE CONNECTED CAR

With AppRadio Mode, Pioneer has taken the technology from our revolutionary, game-changing AppRadio™ and placed it in the AVIC-8000NEX so you can experience control of compatible apps directly on your dash! When connected to an iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, or compatible Android smartphone with the correct interface cable (sold separately) and loaded with Pioneer's free AppRadio application, you can enjoy full on-screen access and control of your contacts, calendar, maps, and more! The intuitive interface is formatted and designed specifically for safer in-vehicle operation. Pioneer has teamed up with app providers to offer compatibility with many of today’s most popular in-vehicle apps, while also developing an expanding catalog of compatible apps for future features and functions that can be easily and seamlessly added.

Note: iPhone 5 compatibility requires a free firmware update from Pioneer (available Spring 2013) and the purchase of the CD-IH202 interface cable kit (sold separately), Apple® Lightning Digital AV adapter (sold separately), and Apple Lightning to USB cable (sold separately).

To learn mode, please visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/appradiomode.

Works-with-Pandora-logo.jpg

A BETTER-THAN-EVER LISTENING EXPERIENCE

Pandora is personalized internet radio that is designed to help you discover new music that you'll love mixed in with music that you already know. With the AVIC-8000NEX, you can enjoy superior sound quality and full control of the Pandora experience in your car directly from the touchscreen display of the receiver. You are able to give tracks "thumbs up" or "thumbs down," bookmark a song so you can purchase it later, easily switch between your personalized radio stations, and view full track data and album art.
Compatible with Apple iOS, as well as Android devices that support the Bluetooth® Serial Port Profile (SPP). Simply download the free Pandora Radio app to your iPhone or Android device and connect to the AVIC-8000NEX and take your music to the next level. 

For more information and to sign up for a free account please visit www.pandora.com.

iPod_iPhone_ComboLogo_150x44.jpg     USB-logo_72x44.jpg

USB DIRECT CONTROL FOR iPOD®/iPHONE®

Pioneer's AVIC-8000NEX is ready to roll with direct connectivity to your iPod® or iPhone® for music and video via an optional USB interface cable (sold separately) depending on your iOS device. Song, artist, time and album information are beautifully displayed on the 7" touchscreen. Powerful searching tools such as Link Play and Alphabet Search to help you find content faster. The system's wired USB connection provides direct digital signal transfer from the device for clean, clear sound while providing 1 amp of current to keep your iPod®/iPhone® charged.

Here-Maps-for-life-logo.jpg

NAVIGATE WITH CONFIDENCE

The AVIC-8000NEX offers a comprehensive map database from HERE® covering the entire United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, and Puerto Rico enabling users to route to millions of destinations including 7.9 Million points of interest (POIs).

Total-Traffic-Network_logo_150x40.jpg

Partnering with Clear Channel Broadcasting Inc, the built-in traffic tuner provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major cities in North America, including Canada. Check your commute route in advance or re-route to your destination to avoid traffic congestion. There is no subscription cost and no annoying on-screen advertisements. With our traffic tuner, now you are ready to navigate stress-free!

Dual-Zone-logo_100x56.jpg

DUAL ZONE ENTERTAINMENT

The AVIC-8000NEX allows rear seat passenger to enjoy audio or video content on additional rear seat monitors and headphones, even while the front passenger and driver listen to audio from other sources or operate navigation functions simultaneously.

you can be skeptical all you want but eventually  your gonna take the dive like the rest of us.

at least this system has a few new designs on it, rather than just updating the old ones.

It must be nice to have an extra $1400 lying around to jump through Pioneer's upgrade hoop. But after being sorely disappointed in the Z150, I think I'll wait and see what else is out there.

It must be nice to have an extra $1400 lying around to jump through Pioneer's upgrade hoop. But after being sorely disappointed in the Z150, I think I'll wait and see what else is out there.

This is why i don't buy every new generation of technology that comes out. I am moving from the Z1 avic unit. that should tell you how I spend my cash...I don't, it sits in the bank.

For you I would probably say you should wait for a few more generations before buying a new unit. You're current z150 is still very new. I can't see why you would be even looking for a new head unit anyways.

Guys always remember this stuff never works the way its suppose to or the way pioneer plays it out to be. It will likely have some really stupid limitations or serious bugs or both that will leave you scratching your head. Especially this being a first gen unit. Just don't set yourself up for disappointment at 1400 dollars.

Guys always remember this stuff never works the way its suppose to or the way pioneer plays it out to be. It will likely have some really stupid limitations or serious bugs or both that will leave you scratching your head. Especially this being a first gen unit. Just don't set yourself up for disappointment at 1400 dollars.

I went to CES and played around with this unit first hand. Half of the features didn't work yet and the unit kept rebooting itself. They said it needed some minor tweaks before its release in March. I would say some major tweaks. I have the 2013 HU and they took away a bunch of stuff. 12 million POI's down to 7.9 due to "the cloud" and no split screen for App Radio mode (w/the map). They said that they may bring that back but not sure. You would think two months prior to release they would have all the features slated ahead of time. I also complained (again) why there isn't speed limit info on the map like a cheap Nuvi would have. They couldn't give me an answer as to why not. The only thing they did do was change the iPhone/iPod as an actual SOURCE again meaning you don't need Car Media Player via App Radio mode to play songs. Oh yeah...they added album art to Sirius Sat Radio (yippie...whatever). There were some nice differences in the UI as it was completely overhauled and had some nice additions but with that came deletions so for me, it doesn't warrant an upgrade at this time. I did a final complaint about all the allow screens and cables needed to make this thing work and of course the response was due to legal reasons and third party hardware from Apple, they have no choice.

Anyway, wait for the video demos and for the first (or second) firmware update(s) once released. These HU's are usually quite frustrating right out of the gate (especially when they can't even demo a FULL working model at CES).

• 2 weeks later...

its feb now. i hope it wont be much longer. ^_^

The folks at the Pioneer booth during CES week said they were pushing for March.  However, there were still a lot of bugs to be ironed out when I saw it so I wouldn't be surprised if they either 1) pushed it back to April or 2) released the unit with a bunch of bugs and then release a frimware update a month later (like they did with the 2013 AVIC series allowing App Radio to finally work).