AVIC411.com

pioneer new 2014 navigation line up is here!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm buying the 8000nex on day one! I know there may be issues initially, but it HAS to be better than Audi's OEM nav unit (it's really really bad).

Audi makes a fine automobile (2009 TT convertible), but they don't know shit about infotainment. I still have the 2008 maps DVD (yes, it is DVD based). Audi wants $400 for the updated disc, and it's for 2013. No thank you! I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go aftermarket...and get a rear cam put in while I'm at it.

yeah i feel the same way too, that this is the time. waiting for a final product will not always come quickly enough.

did you get an exact date yet?

i keep reading different dates all the time.

no exact date yet, but my shop I go to has my $400 deposit already.

I'm out in Baltimore, MD.  I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed!

do you know how much the unit is itself?

hope you have tons of pics of it before, during, and after installation!

I don't think I'll need before and during pics....there are tons of out of box photos on Pioneer's website, and I'm hiring a garage to put it in for me. But count on after photos, as well as how my dash looked before the upgrade.

I'm an iPhone 5S user. Any ideas on how I should route the Apple digital AV adapter? My plan is to replace the aux wire (that headphone jack wire that's already routed to the armrest between the two seats) with a combo of HDMI and lightning cable, hooked to the adapter, while underneath everything....and then use a lightning extension cable from www.cablejive.com to route out.

Anybody have a better idea?

I don't think I'll need before and during pics....there are tons of out of box photos on Pioneer's website, and I'm hiring a garage to put it in for me. But count on after photos, as well as how my dash looked before the upgrade.

I'm an iPhone 5S user. Any ideas on how I should route the Apple digital AV adapter? My plan is to replace the aux wire (that headphone jack wire that's already routed to the armrest between the two seats) with a combo of HDMI and lightning cable, hooked to the adapter, while underneath everything....and then use a lightning extension cable from www.cablejive.com to route out.

Anybody have a better idea?

That's pretty much how I did my installation in my Grand Prix: I ran the cable under the console, then up through the storage box. I keep the iPod there so I don't have a "steal me" sign on the car.