AVIC411.com

pioneer new 2014 navigation line up is here!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know of a good looking USB extension end that will be flush if i drilled a hole somewhere and mount it? im not sure if im explaining clearly.

im basically using it have it permanently somewhere near the console and plug in and out the flash drive full of music. maybe videos if it plays off the USB??

how much is he selling it for?

how many will he be getting?

i was talking to a store yesterday.

they are usually priced low with car audio equipment. i wonder if they will do a special for everyone here?

anyone know of a good looking USB extension end that will be flush if i drilled a hole somewhere and mount it? im not sure if im explaining clearly.

im basically using it have it permanently somewhere near the console and plug in and out the flash drive full of music. maybe videos if it plays off the USB??

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-USBCBL-6-Feet-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B002MW6HRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394334782&sr=8-1&keywords=flush+mount+usb

http://www.amazon.com/ASA-Electronics-JENAUX-Audio-Input/dp/B002ZNXX7C/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1394334782&sr=8-12&keywords=flush+mount+usb

Soooo....iPhone users....do you think App mode is a good enough compromise for not having "CarPlay"?  As much as I would prefer CarPlay, I'm not about to buy a whole new car over that feature.  Even if $$$ weren't the reason, I need to state a few things here.....

....I feel COMPLETE with my Audi TT.  It is AWD and has a convertible top.  only other roadster to meet these qualifications would be a Porsche 911 4, and I don't have the dough for that (yet).  The newer TT's of 2015 will do away with the DIN/Double DIN radios, and bundle the radio into the driver's gauge cluster, thereby making it unable to swap out for something of your own.....and they have announced NOT going for CarPlay.  

So basically, Audi TT or Porsche 911, it doesn't look like CarPlay is compatible with my vehicular preferences.  I like AWD roadsters. So to all of you current Avic and AppRadio owners out there.....do you find Pioneer's offerings to be "good enough"? 

One more question...Audi is not compliant with iDatalink's Maestro.  Should my shop still be able to setup my steering wheel buttons to work with the 8000nex?