AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while that may be true, that cable kit consists of an HDMI and USB cable, with the digital AV adapter.  Thanks to CableJive's extention cable, I don't have to have all that ugliness hanging outside of my dash. 

Trust me, Audi makes great cars, but sucks in the realm of infotainment.

Okay VBlue, I have to agree with you there.....I've been told awesome things about WAZE. I guess I want the 8000NEX because it does have its own maps, as well as the ability to use apps (AppRadio mode). I just want to have options I guess.

Let me ask you this....as an iPhone owner, why Pioneer and not Alpine, JVC, or Kenwood? Pioneer seems as though they embrace smartphones a lot better, but I'm wondering of that's all a bunch of advertising and marketing crap....I've never gone aftermarket before.

I thought Pioneer used their own map for the earlier unit like the f700 and f900, which were good detailed maps but since the f920 have been using other manufacturers sat nav like navteq and they have not been the same since.

rso81, to answer your question why Pioneer, for all it faults, the sound quality and level of adjustment for me is better than Alpine, JVC, Kenwood Clarion. I think they have better mapping and some of their UI are better, but sound quality, for me its Pioneer. I believe Alpine, and Clarion use Naviextra maps, Kenwood use Garmin, not sure what JVC use.

Koush

No you pretty much have it backwards. The problem is with the navi software. On the 1st gen F/X series, Pionner used iGo navi software which were the best navis they ever released. Sense then they have used either an unknown navi software or some in house garbage. All navis use Teleatlas or Navteq maps though.

I stand corrected, I wish they would go back to iGo software, or have so you can use whatever software you wanted to load on the unit, like some of the cheap Chinese units. I know you can down load apps, but they require smartphone with data, which I don't have. There are software apps like Navfree which load maps onto your device so you can use the maps off line, will the NEX have that capability?

No need to pay for something I'm not going to use in am AVIC unit. I have owned all AVICS up to the Z120 and the navi software is just garbage IMO. I can get better navi from the various navi apps I have with my i5 through App Mode then an AVIC could ever provide. Also many AVIC and AVH users have issues with app mode and their units. The App Radio is solid.