AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Pioneer is taking yet another step backwards, my Z150 has station labels on the presets. I'd guess that the NEX would have them as well.

Anything is possible....my Z130 had voice recognition until I "upgraded" it to the Z140 map update - the VR for the GPS was terrible anyway so I didn't mind losing it, it was stated on the update package so it wasn't a surprise but it was a feature lost. 

I have a z2 that's finally crapping out on me, and was going to get a app 3, but it doesn't have dual zone, so I'm looking at an 8000 for the dual zone support. What kept me away from app radios in the past has been the sluggish response. I love pioneer just didn't want to drop 1400.00 on a head unit. Was even thinking of ipad mini in dash too. But still would have to do something. For my back seat tv's.

• 1 month later...

Regarding the bypass: I installed a relay bypass for the parking brake on the 7000NEX I installed.  Within a few miles, the 7000NEX recognized that the car was moving, gave an error message along the lines of "unit has detected that parking circuit is miswired", and locked out the parking brake functions whenever it saw movement faster than about 5 mph.  From this point on, every time the unit turned on, it gave this warning message (and required you to press "ok" to acknowledge it) and still locked out the parking brake.  

In sum, I couldn't find a way to bypass the parking brake interlock.  The unit uses GPS info to cross reference against the parking circuit.

Also, my shop said my 7000NEX had be recalled by Pioneer.  I un-installed the unit, and returned it earlier today.  I have no idea if the 8000NEX will have the same (and many) problems that I found with the 7000NEX.