AVIC411.com

F30 BT stuck in safe mode

Hi there. I'm new in this forum. Thank you for the membership :-)

I have just bought a secondhand F30 BT (Europe version). After install everything worked perfect, but stupid me should try out all options and then it went wrong.

In the setup menu I have a toggle button for "safe mode on/off" and I was so stupid to set it in safe mode which greyed out almost all options. 

Prior to do this I could do everything while driving, except watching videos.

My problem is that I can't switch safe mode off. The button is greyed out even that the handbrake is on. 

My nexth thoughts was that the handbrake connection was bad so I cut the light green wire (Black plug) and connected it to ground. That did not help. The safe mode off button is still greyed out :-(

Any good advices? Any possibility to reset the unit and get back to the safe mode off?  Should it try to upgrade firmware?  Any other connections needed in order to activate te safe mode off button?

Greetings from Denmark

BSO

Do anybody know if the light green wire to ground shold be sufficient for the F30 BT?  I do not have the White plug (the one with the RCA harness)  

Do I need to buy a RCA harness and ground the mute wire in order to disable the safe mode?

SOLVED.   My F30BT replaced a F310BT and I assumed that the harness with the Black plug was the same.

That was not the case :-(    The light green parking brake wire is connected to another pin.

Learning point.   You must use unit model specific harness and do not assume that a common Pioneer standard plug exist.