AVIC411.com

Appradio sph-DA100...allshare cast, chromecast , nexus 5 or samsung ...??

Hi every one :)
i've jumped from appradio DA01 to DA100...no regrets great screen, sound, etc....

i'm in dilema....
i definitly left apple for android...

Looking on youtube , i saw that with allshare cast, we can make a "wireless" screen mirroring with some samsung products as my galaxy note 2 i'm using from my company....
work really correct in my car ...for wireless system !!!

i didn't want to use physical connection because of my last issue with appradio 1 connector wich is terrible to manage ...
the connector got almost broken....( twisted and so....for 2 years connecting and disconnecting.....)
so you can understand why i'm on this "wireless" strategy....

So everything ok....but...my wife use the car everyday and don't have any smartphone.
i'v bought a wiko stayrway....good cheap iphone, with correct design and perfomances.

but the wiko stayrway don't manage bluetooth and screen mirroring  ( wifi ) both....
i'got message, "bluetooth will shutdown if wireless on"....and so...

anyway i've tryed the screen mirroring fonction from the wiko, it display me smaller size on the big appradio screen....
so i 've sold it....

I've read so much about infos on the net that my head will explode,  loooooooooool

So now the situation is that i have an allshare cast dongle wich work good with my galaxy note 2.
normaly, i can buy a samsung S3 and S4 for my wife...but she don't like the samsung design......

so before suicide , i got an idea, to buy the new nexus 5 wich cost "normal" price as new compare to second hand prices for galaxy S3 or even S4...wich is "untouchable" for me

looking for nexus 5....i've discovered differences between US nexus 5 and EU nexus 5 ( 4G network signal, not the same...between nexus 5 D820...and nexus 5 D821....)

In some forums they say the new nexus 5 can't work with allshare cast, wich is "samsung familly product"...
so if i expect to buy the nexus 5....there is good chances that all share cast won't work....

anyway i told myself, whatever, i'll buy an mhl / hdmi port..... no way... seems it's "slimport".... another technology....
so i don't know if nexus 5 will work....

Resigned to buy a S3 or S4.... do you think there is a chance to use the nexus 5 in appradio ?
or is there another model with "normal" price and not samsung design ?

thanks if you read t'ill there :)

i'm thinking of managing allshare cast when i'm in use, and buy the nexus 5 with slimport hdmi micro usb connector when my wife use it....

for exemple, the samsung galaxy S3 alone, in france, cost 250 euros...new with 2 years warranty...
i found the nexus 5  for 270 brand new but from "return" shop service with warranty too of course...
the slimport cost 10 euros....

so a nexus 5 compare to S3....wich deal is the best ? ( or another model )

• 2 weeks later...

having some doubts...i finally jump on the S3 "4G"....work great till i've updated from android 4.1.2...to 4.3....
so i'm "wrecked" of that stupid updated that made me thought it will improve some features...and not giving me less...

DON T UPGRADE TO 4.3 because you can do only "screen mirroring" without appradio "app" standard interface....it disconnect afer 75% succes....
i'm quiet surprise to the galaxy S3 ... but 4.3 os.....great but not for that...unless someone knows ???

• 3 weeks later...