AVIC411.com

950BH Bypass in 2008 Accord.....Stumped!

Hi All,

Long time lurker but first time poster......so let the noob flaming begin.  And yes, I've done a ton of research on this forum and the web.

I bought a 950HB from Crutchf#eld, along with their harness, antenna adapter, sirius adapter and iDatalink Maestro SWC unit.

I have done installs in the past so I'm not a total noob, but never a GPS.  I had an installer put it in since I didnt have time due to my job.  He did a decent job and everything works good except for 2 things, which is why I took it back out to try and fix myself:

1.  The unit will not dim when the Orange/White wire on the HU is connected to either the Orange OR Orange/White wire of the harness.  I checked the connections thoroughly and even used a multimeter.....no +12v signal from wither wire.  I was able to work around this by connecting the Orange /White wire on the HU to the applicable cable on the hazard light.  Not ideal I know, but nothing else worked.  Is this a problem specific to the harness, Honda Accords, or a bad 950BH?

2.  No matter what I try, the 950BH senses movement and the bypass posted here and on YouTube do not work for my unit.  The VSS wire is not connected. 

I chose to move the mute wire one pin over (not down), connect it to the PB wire, and ground both. I have tried the following:

a.  I tried grounding the light green PB wire/moved mute wire together to the black ground wire of the harness...bypass does not work.

b.  I tried grounding the light green PB wire/moved mute wire together to the chassis.....no difference.

c.  I checked and re-checked the connection on the moved mute wire....it is inserted properly and in the correct position (1 pin over, next to the red wire)...no difference.  I even opened the white harness back up to make sure it was inserted properly, and crimped it up ever so slightly so as to improve the connection......no difference.

d.  So next I did a "reset to default" thinking this might be the ticket....no difference.

On the info section of the unit, it says PB is "On" when I ground the light green PB wire/moved mute wire together, regardless of whether this combined combo is grounded to the black wire of the harness or even to the chassis.  When I remove it from either it says PB "Off," so the grounding is not the problem.

No matter what I do the unit is sensing movement somehow, even if I just back up or drive a few inches, the nav options grey out and playing a DVD gives me a warning.  I even disconnected the GPS antenna thinking that maybe this was sensing movement....no difference.

So as a final test, I pulled the unit out and re-connected everything inside the car and noticed that if the unit is bumped even SLIGHTLY the nav options grey out.  There has to be some gyroscope, compass, or something that signals movement.

So I'm at a loss here.  I bought my unit brand new on 12/23/13 and everything was factory sealed so I don't think it was a refurb from Crutchf#eld.  Is there any chance Pioneer started adding something new to sense movement in either the unit or in the latest firmware update to v1.03, which I did after the installer was finished, since I have an iPhone 5S?

Reading through a ton of posts on here I really can't believe I can't get this to work.  I know most people who have problems just check their wiring and find the problem.  And some people made the suggestion that there is an internal mechanism preventing this from working  I believe the bypass works, but not on my unit for some reason.

I would really appreciate some help and suggestions.

PS.......I've seen a lot on here about a software bypass but nothing specific to the 950BH.  Does anyone know if works on this unit?  I'd be willing to try.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.