AVIC411.com

So I bought me a backup camera for my car to go along with my x5500bhs...however I cannot get the freaking thing to display in rear camera mode. At first I thought it was the camera, but when I switch the source to AV I can see the camera perfectly.

I've read as much of the info on these forums as I possibly could to no avail. I tried all combinations of switching the camera polarity setting(battery ground off) along with the rear camera option in the source menu( rear view off/on) and nothing seems to work.

Is it possible that the micro bypass affects it in any way? Ive also gone into appmode to trigger the parking brake warning screen and press ok hoping that was the answer but nope didn't work. Please help if you can. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I have a bypass and it doesn't affect rear cam at all!

Please specify what car do you have and how camera connected to carstereo?
Usually you should have a wire that connected to backlight lamp and to the responsible wire on carstereo. And when back lights on - you have a signal that turns carstereo to rear view mode.