AVIC411.com

HDD not found?

Hey - I used the service test disc, as I don't care much for the music that's already on my Z1's hard drive. Did everything right, pulled the drive out, borrowed my roommate's 3 in 1 drive adapter. Plugged the Z1's hdd right in and... 

time-out

I have a hackintosh, a pc running Mac OS X Mavericks. I've got this 3-in-1 ide to usb adapter plugged in usb 2.0 port (tried 3.0 no luck either) i plugged in another hard drive, and it shows up in both Mac and Windows XP (running XP on virtual box) BUT the Z1 hard drive does not show up AT ALL. what's going on?

edit - forgot to add, i've got Oracle VM Virtual Box all set up. it recognizes the ide to usb bridge, everything works just fine, other stuff shows up as it should... EXCEPT the z1 hard drive. 

I just put the drive back in my car. it boots up just fine. I re-ran the service test disc (pretty quick) and the area where it says "9 hdd flag set" has an * next to it. i'm guessing that means the drive IS unlocked? I plugged it in my computer again and it still doesnt show up. (I'm guessing it should show up in my mac os as it's the OS i first boot into) 

"Power off your PC and connect your AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 hard drive as the master drive on your secondary IDE channel using the IDE Hard Drive Adapter. Make sure there are no other devices on this channel. Power on your PC."

I didn't do this step... my hackintosh has three hard drives. One primary, SSD, two SATA. When I plugged my extra SATA hard drive in to this ide to usb adapter, it shows up right away, so I figure the same should apply to this Z1 hard drive?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hola... Alguien por aca... Estoy en ese mismo brickeo... eso si que yo estoy con bloqueo del hdd, ya que eh cambiado carpeta PRG 0 y al volver a colocar el hdd en el vehiculo sale ERROR.... 

Por favor... alguna idea de desbloquear el HDD por convertidor ide usb... 

GRACIAS