AVIC411.com

No Audio from Ipod Touch on SPH-DA110 :(

Hi

newbie here really after some advice...

I purchased my sph-da110 before xmas last yr, works fine with my S3 connected either using usb/mirrorlink or MHL/appradio... tried back then to connect my old nano to leave in glove box for music, but whilst i could click on the yellow ipod icon, and it accessed the music fine, no audio was coming out (vague intermittent buzzing heard on volume 21).  

I assumed this was down to the connector as it didnt use the lightening connector supplied.

Finally got some money to buy a brand new ipod touch last night, loaded the music and plugged it in... SAME issue :( 

the yellow icon lights up, i can access play lists / artwork etc, but no audio again :(

after a faff, I can get it to play over the bluetooth with my S3 connected in mirrorlink so i know there is no issue with the ipod / speakers, its clearly down to the cable connection set-up but cant for the life of me work out another way to connect it up.

any advice greatly recieved!!

Bo

I have the cables that came attached to the back of the unit and that came in the box (so yes the pioneer ones one would presume!) connected to a gen 5 touch. And my S3 connected to the other usb via mhl / hdmi

tried my friends Iphone today and same issue, just buzzing sounds andihigh volume.

I don't know nothing about the iPod touch but i do have an iPod classic 160gb. I had to buy an extra cable to enable audio from the device as i got the same , speakers buzzing but full touch/use use on screen.

the wire is same 30pin as supplied but it splits in two half way up with a USB connector on it. My iPod works absolute perfect now, i would recommend buying from China like me as they are about 3/4 the price of real Pioneer.

Gee Thanks so much guys.

I'm really glad I bothered to post on here asking for help! If I could have figured it out by reading my manual I wouldn't have needed to ask would I.

The touch doesn't use a 30 pin cable it's a lightning one, which was supplied in the box.

I would guess that you need to use the same connection that the I phone 5 uses.  You will need the digital av adapter from apple along with a HDMI cable, I am not sure if the USB out works for charging with the digital av adapter.  I purchased the pioneer cable just because I did not want to not have it work and then drive back to the store to get it. As far as help Vblue just trolls leave bad remarks that are no help to most people.

I am no help to noobs that refuse to try and help themselves with simple questions that are right in front of them. This forum use to be easy to manage because we didn't allow redundant questions that we're easy to find by reading the manual. Unfortunately it is now difficult to find answers to questions that aren't addressed in the manual because there are a hundred questions all asking "why do I get no audio when I plug in my iPod".

Actually the instructions do not specifically include the I Pod 5th Gen they say Iphone with lighting. Yes a good amount of people will assume that they should use the lighting connection instructions but not all people.  

Maybe you can make a post that says all I-Devices with Lighting Must use the Lighting Digital AV adapter to hook up your Lighting Device.

If it is a case that you require the apple digital adapter and your in the UK then don't buy from apple. I would strongly recommend buying from jigsaw24 as they are a whole £10 cheaper and include next day delivery included in the price.

Please don't buy the stupidly over priced pioneer iPhone Digital kit at £120 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same kit bought as separates cost about £45 , of which £40 is for the apple adapter.

Yeah but there's cheap and there is eye watering over priced to the point where they are laughing at you for being stupid enough to pay it.

I paid £359 for my app radio 3 and was well annoyed once I fitted it to find nothing would work with my iPhone 5. So off I went to the reseller who said yes you need this kit at £120 extra , extra !!! That's nearly half the price of the unit for 3 silly wires !!!

The reseller ( source sounds here in Sheffield , UK largest in car audio seller ) admitted they were a total rip off and offered to sell me the same kit without the box for £75 but again all genuine.

A HDMI wire can be bought from anywhere on the planet besides China for no money , heck I just used a spare that came free with my 42" tv.

A genuine apple lightning wire £15 from apple

A genuine apple lightning HDMI adapter £40 from apple ( or £30 from jigsaw24 which is an authorised apple reseller )

A genuine HDMI from any electrical TV shop £5

Even going on list price that £60 !!!! £60 !!!

The 3 items listed above pioneer are selling here in the UK for £120 !!!!! £60 for a cardboard box must make up the extra cost ??

I feel cheated in a way with pioneer simply because there was no mention of extra cost with the unit until you open the box and read the manual in which time you've opened the box and like me fitted the device. If there was a note to tell you extra good needed to be bought at such silly prices then I'd have chosen to buy another branded head unit.

I am more or less referring to the Apple adapter when referencing Chinese knock offs. Also there are other units that require a Pioneer cable that has the Apple authentication chip required to support video. Chinese knock offs of these cables have almost a 90% failure rate.

As far as info needed to inform you of what you needed to make the unit work: its on Pioneers site.