AVIC411.com

z140bh in a "select program language" loop

Hi all, 

I have an issue with my HU and I do not know what to do to resolve it. 

here is what happens:

- HU start-up and goes into a screen asking to "select program language" - if I press any language (or any option) the unit simply reboots to the same window. 

What I tried so far

- hard reset by disconnecting the battery - didn't resolve the issue

- updated to the latest firmware (8.05) - process completed seemingly but I the after the ucom update the HU never rebooted by itself. When I force the restart it shows 8.05 but when I reboot w/o SD card it goes back to the "select program language" screen and the old loop. So I can't verify if the update actually worked. 

Any ideas?

• 8 months later...

I am not an expert here but I'm going to guess there's some form of a LANG file in /USER somewhere..  I can play around with my radio later on and see if I can find a language file of some sort that sets this and if it exists I'm guessing it just gets and entry in it like "EN" or something.

Anyway, provided you speaka de inglish I can copy that file off of my HU and email it to you if you're still looking for resolution.  Of course, being without a stereo for 8 months is kind of hard and you probably moved on since then, but I'll look just in case..