AVIC411.com

Navteq 2013 Maps, hex parking brake bypass, hex nag screen bypass

• 2 weeks later...

If u don't have a iphone 5 best bet is just use the 5.0 in the map download folder, As Rons says you only need the 5.1 if u have a iphone5 or else u can have ipod audio problems.I just installed the 2013 maps and then used a hex editor  after the map install to change the navi.exe at address BEBFC FROM 05 00 00 0A to 00 00 A0 E1  Then I used testmode to delete the navi.exe and replace it with the one I changed.

Hey anyone remember what the offset and change needed for Z120 with 3.00?  like a fool I updated to 5.1, nuked the VR navi feature hoping for better functionality and found that the update gave me the new maps alright, but for some reason VR commands were buggy.  Did the nag screen mod ages ago when Pionara first posted it and cant find the modded navi.exe file I saved in case I decided to update, or revert.  Navteq / Pioneer really blew it removing the VR Nav feature from the current updates, that was the whole reason I bought the AVIC-Z120BT! I reverted and managed to keep the 3.32 BT firmware which was somewhat worth the trouble

Hey anyone remember what the offset and change needed for Z120 with 3.00?  like a fool I updated to 5.1, nuked the VR navi feature hoping for better functionality and found that the update gave me the new maps alright, but for some reason VR commands were buggy.  Did the nag screen mod ages ago when Pionara first posted it and cant find the modded navi.exe file I saved in case I decided to update, or revert.  Navteq / Pioneer really blew it removing the VR Nav feature from the current updates, that was the whole reason I bought the AVIC-Z120BT! I reverted and managed to keep the 3.32 BT firmware which was somewhat worth the trouble

Question - what did you have to do to revert back to 3.x? Since to get to 5.1, you needed to install 5.0 also - and I believe they each install  in different /USR/PRGx folders. So - to revert it wouldn't be just a matter of adding or deleting /USR/PRG.FLG as necessary. 

I always thought (but never tried) that it wasn't possible to install (via the normal installation process) over a "higher" version. Is that not true?

I had played around in TestMode with the "forced program write" function, but never got it to find the necessary files on my SD. So I gave up on that method.  Since I was having issues w/5.1, and 5.0 was still in my /user/prg0, I just deleted /user/prg.flg and rebooted. But I don''t think that would work for you.

I tried deleting the /USER/PRG.FLG and rebooting but it didn't work for me.  I deleted the USER file all together and replaced it with my back up file which brought me back to 2.00.  I then just did the update to 2.03 and then finally 3.01 and added the modified navi.exe in APL.  I've since backed up my current USER file and would think that if I ever do find an update that retains the VR NAV feature, I'll try again.

What I found when I updated directly to 5.00/5.01 was that I didn't get any of the features added in 4.6 in the 2012 map update, and my VR was buggy.  Cool thing is when I reverted it kept the BT firmware update.  I initially tried just to update the BT firmware but it would not recognize it.  BT is working fine. 

• 3 months later...