AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

Hey guys, so i tried to apply the update to my z140bh and its a no so far. I followed all the instructions in the op but my HU doesn't seem to recognize the SD at all. Ive tried with a 4 gb standard sdhc card(class 4) and nothing. Then I tried with a microsd card(class 2) and still nothing. I extracted the file with winRAR and also extracted the cardinfo file and replaced the one in the original map update. It just doesnt seem to see it. I have my phone's bluetooth turned off and the ipod disconnected..again I already did the 4.600 firmware upgrade from Pioneer which updated the bluetooth to v3.32 and added the iphone 5 combatibility. Any ides to what could be going on? I feel like im missing something small. Id appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

If you say you updated from the Pioneer update, that means your head unit is reading the SD slot, no?

What is in the top level directory of your card?  I believe it should have three things:

* FIRMWARE (folder)

* Update (folder)

* CARDINFO (file)

... and not:

* 2012 USA-CANADA MAP UPDATE

-- John

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding CARDINFO.cif and which values it needs to ahve in it in order for your unit to recognize an update:

see one of my old posts on this... I'm not entirely sure those are all accurate, but you could experiment..

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35293-challenge-restoring-vr-on-x930bt-and-friends/&do=findComment&comment=257674

all the cardinfo.cif file does is signal your device that there is an update on the sd that it should look at.

thank you so much misterwoofwoof!

but sorry for asking

my unit is z110 upgraded to z140,

which one should i do this update?

Instructions for Z110BT, Z120BT, and X920BT units.

or Instructions for Z130BT, Z140BT, and X930BT units??

thanks again

You should follow the instructions for Z110BT since that is your hardware model number. So use:

Instructions for Z110BT, Z120BT, and X920BT units.

yea no luck. tried doing it with just the map update files and cardinfo file on the root of the sd card and my HU sees the sdcard but doesnt start the upgrade...ive attached a photo with my service info. Ill give a nice donation on friday to whoever can help me get this figured out. My email is cdt82002@gmail.com. Phone # is 678-577-3706.My name is Chris.

post-114881-0-23006000-1394653465_thumb.jpg

First off, thank you very much misterwoofwoof. I sent a small donation, it won't cover the money and effort spent by you, but I hope it helps.

Second, for those having issues. Format the sdcard before placing the map files on it. There may be some hidden files causing a conflict. 

I also recommend using 7-zip to uncompress the files.