AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posted cardinfo.cif didn't work for me either on my X940BT, so I used Pionara's cif from his 2012 US/CAN map thread and changed the next 6 characters after X30UNC to X15UC0 (from his restoring VR thread).  Worked great for me.  Here it is for anyone that needs it.

Obviously the usual applies (use at your own risk, not my fault if something bad happens, etc etc).

Thank you sir. Worked like a charm. Swapped that .cif file out and it picked it right up. Thanks again to all involved, great share. I would have normally purchased it, but my x940bt was out of date the day I bought it.

I noticed that after the update I lost AHA radio and Pandora.  They aren't on the scroll wheel anymore?

I think the direction Pioneer is going w/regard to iPhone integration is toward AppRadio - instead of internal HU apps. This seems to be part of the rushed cluster-fuck they threw together  to support Lightning and the latest iPhone/Touch iOs. Unless your really need that support, I'd recommend staying away from 5.1.  That's why I backed away from 5.1 and came up with my own no-nag patch for 5.0.

I think the direction Pioneer is going w/regard to iPhone integration is toward AppRadio - instead of internal HU apps. This seems to be part of the rushed cluster-fuck they threw together  to support Lightning and the latest iPhone/Touch iOs. Unless your really need that support, I'd recommend staying away from 5.1.  That's why I backed away from 5.1 and came up with my own no-nag patch for 5.0.

I didn't upgrade to 5.1, I just did the 5.0 map update

I didn't upgrade to 5.1, I just did the 5.0 map update

OK, I thought you had installed 5.1. Aha and Pandora both should be there in 5.0. Try a hard reset (disconnect battery for ~ 30 seconds). That sometimes fixes these things.

Also, if you are using a Windows or Android smartphone,  be sure your App Connection is set to BT. And iPhones only work with wired connection. However, I don't think this would make the icons disappear.

I saw Aha and Pandora both after the 5.0 portion of the upgrade (z130bt), and after the 5.1 app update.

I'm at 5.1 now, Aha and Pandora are still there ... but I am concerned with what else I might be losing. 

Even though I've never used it before ... I just went to the car, plugged my iPhone 4S into the 30pin extension for my USB/Aux cable, and AppRadio popped up, prompting me to download the AppRadio utility app for my iphone, after which it showed me about 20 compatible apps.  I was able to use the touch screen display on my head unit to move around on the desktop screens.  I didn't go any further than that because I don't think I'll use this very often -- maybe when one of the kids with their iPhone wants to hook up to show me stuff.

Is this what 5.0 and 5.1 firmware and apps are all about?

Thanks.  John

hi RonS

so sorry to bother you, but you have been helping me and others all the way.

I hope you can kindly help me on how to remove the no nag/OK screen please.

my HU is z110 updated to z140 and just updated the 2013 map, it's now 5.0

I read all those posts about successful remove no nag screen ones but I dont know how to edit the # from those posts.

can you please guide me?

thank you so much and I hope I am not bothering by sending you this message.

have a nice day and thank you.

K.J

hi RonS

so sorry to bother you, but you have been helping me and others all the way.

I hope you can kindly help me on how to remove the no nag/OK screen please.

my HU is z110 updated to z140 and just updated the 2013 map, it's now 5.0

I read all those posts about successful remove no nag screen ones but I dont know how to edit the # from those posts.

can you please guide me?

thank you so much and I hope I am not bothering by sending you this message.

have a nice day and thank you.

K.J

This process requires a certain skill set and level of proficiency - I don't have the time to walk you through every keypress. I will help you understand the general process. You're going to have to dig-out the details in existing threads. Beware - there are lots of ways to screw-up. Always avoid doing something you can't undo. Make working backups of any files you need to edit/delete. I make a /BACKUP folder on my SD and move original copies into there (before deleting) just incase I screw something up.

1. Learn how to copy, paste and delete files using Testmode. There is a Youtube vid that covers many of the nuances - but the Testmode user interface is a POS. Be aware that on the video he incorrectly calls it HackMode - don't install hackmode - it's a disaster waiting to happen.   To run Testmode, put the file Testmode.key in the root of an SD and insert it into  the AVIC. You need to select "File Maintenence". It uses hard buttons to scroll, and select various operations. It is very error - prone so be careful.

2. Now you need to get a copy of NAVI.exe on your PC. You can get it off the HU (in /USER/PRGn/APL) or from the 5.x files you downloaded to do the upgrade. Just to be safe, copy the file somewhere to edit - best not to touch the original.

3. You need a hex editor on your PC. I used (free) HxD. Learn how to use it - practice on something first. Then use it to patch the hex bytes into NAVI.exe as pionara (v5.1) or I (v5.0) describe elsewhere. The offest is the location in the file to begin the patch - replacing the 4 hex numbers already there.

4. Copy your patched NAVI.exe to the SD where you have TestMode.key and insert in the HU - should boot you directly into Testmode.

5. The HU has two sets of application files in /USER (PRG0 and PRG1). If a file called PRG.FLG is present, you need to delete and replace NAVI.exe in /USER/PRG1/APL. Otherwise use /USER/PRG0/APL.

6. Delete NAVI.exe from the directory above. It is best to make a copy of it somewhere on the SD in a different directory than your hacked one.  Note: Testmode will not overwrite a file of the same name.

7. Now copy your hacked NAVI.exe to the HU folder from #5 above. It can take a while.

8 When finished, eject the SD and reboot the HU.

Good luck. Maybe someone with more time will write a full-blown checklist.

UPDATE: I just tried applying pionara's 5.1 patch and managed to bork it.  Got stuck in a reboot loop. Good thing I had a backup :)

This process requires a certain skill set and level of proficiency - I don't have the time to walk you through every keypress. I will help you understand the general process. You're going to have to dig-out the details in existing threads. Beware - there are lots of ways to screw-up. Always avoid doing something you can't undo. Make working backups of any files you need to delete. I make a /BACKUP folder on my SD and move origian copies into there just incase I screw something up.

1. Learn how to copy, paste and delete files using Testmode. There is a Youtube vid that covers many of the nuances - but the Testmode user interface is a POS. Be aware that on the vidoe he incorrectly calls it HackMode - don't install hackmode - it's a disaster waiting to happen.   To run Testmode, put the file Testmode.key in the root of an SD and insert it into  the AVIC. You need to select "File Maintenence". It uses hard buttons to scroll, and select variou operations. It is very error - prone so be careful.

2. Now you need to get a copy of NAVI.exe on your PC. You can get it off the HU (in /USER/PRGn/APL) or from the 5.x files you downloaded to do the upgrade. Just to be safe, copy the file somewhere to edit - best not to touch the original.

3. You need a hex editor on your PC. I used (free) HxD. Learn how to use it - practice on something first. Then use it to patch the hex bytes into NAVI.exe as pionara (v5.1) or I (v5.0) describe elsewhere. The offest is the location in the file to begin the patch - replacing the 4 numbers already there.

4. Copy your patched NAVI.exe to the SD where you have TestMode.key and insert in the HU - should boot you directly into Testmode.

5. The HU has two sets of application files in /USER (PRG0 and PRG1). If a file called PRG.FLG is present, you need to modify /USER/PRG1/APL. Otherwise /USER/PRG0/APL.

6. Delete NAVI.exe from the directory above. It is best to make a copy of it somewhere on the SD in a different directory than your hacked one.  Note: Testmode will not overwrite a file of the same name.

7. Now copy your hacked NAVI.exe to the HU folder from above. It can take a while.

8 When finished, eject the SD and reboot the HU.

Good luck. Maybe someone with more time will write a full-blown checklist.

UPDATE: I just tried applying pionara's 5.1 patch and managed to bork it.  Go stuck in a reboot loop. Good thing I had a backup :)

Mate, thank you. :-) Did the 2013 maps update to my Z110BT (which is now a ... I have no ideaBT, hah!). I lost my nag screen hack, but following this:

"At offset BEBFC, change 05 00 00 0A  ->  00 00 A0 E1"

Worked perfectly. Nag screen gone, and I'll stick at 5.0 since your experience with 5.1 was less than great, and I have a 160GB iPod Classic I'd rather keep working!

Thanks again!