AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that after the update I lost AHA radio and Pandora.  They aren't on the scroll wheel anymore?

OK, I thought you had installed 5.1. Aha and Pandora both should be there in 5.0. Try a hard reset (disconnect battery for ~ 30 seconds). That sometimes fixes these things.

Also, if you are using a Windows or Android smartphone,  be sure your App Connection is set to BT. And iPhones only work with wired connection. However, I don't think this would make the icons disappear.

I had the same issue. I use the bluetooth connection with Android on my Galaxy S3. I updated my X940BT to 5.0 without the icons disappearing. When I updated to 5.1 the Pandora and Aha Radio icons disappeared. To get them to show up again, turn off any audio source currently being used, then go to settings, av settings, app connection. Change the app connection from 'ipod' to 'others'. Your icons will now show up again. If the app connection options are grayed out in the av settings screen, that means you have not turned off the audio source yet. These settings cant be changed when an audio source is in use. Since 5.1 firmware is really meant for iPhone lightning cable users, I am guessing they designed it to default to that setting.

This process requires a certain skill set and level of proficiency - I don't have the time to walk you through every keypress. I will help you understand the general process. You're going to have to dig-out the details in existing threads. Beware - there are lots of ways to screw-up. Always avoid doing something you can't undo. Make working backups of any files you need to edit/delete. I make a /BACKUP folder on my SD and move original copies into there (before deleting) just incase I screw something up.

1. Learn how to copy, paste and delete files using Testmode. There is a Youtube vid that covers many of the nuances - but the Testmode user interface is a POS. Be aware that on the video he incorrectly calls it HackMode - don't install hackmode - it's a disaster waiting to happen.   To run Testmode, put the file Testmode.key in the root of an SD and insert it into  the AVIC. You need to select "File Maintenence". It uses hard buttons to scroll, and select various operations. It is very error - prone so be careful.

2. Now you need to get a copy of NAVI.exe on your PC. You can get it off the HU (in /USER/PRGn/APL) or from the 5.x files you downloaded to do the upgrade. Just to be safe, copy the file somewhere to edit - best not to touch the original.

3. You need a hex editor on your PC. I used (free) HxD. Learn how to use it - practice on something first. Then use it to patch the hex bytes into NAVI.exe as pionara (v5.1) or I (v5.0) describe elsewhere. The offest is the location in the file to begin the patch - replacing the 4 hex numbers already there.

4. Copy your patched NAVI.exe to the SD where you have TestMode.key and insert in the HU - should boot you directly into Testmode.

5. The HU has two sets of application files in /USER (PRG0 and PRG1). If a file called PRG.FLG is present, you need to delete and replace NAVI.exe in /USER/PRG1/APL. Otherwise use /USER/PRG0/APL.

6. Delete NAVI.exe from the directory above. It is best to make a copy of it somewhere on the SD in a different directory than your hacked one.  Note: Testmode will not overwrite a file of the same name.

7. Now copy your hacked NAVI.exe to the HU folder from #5 above. It can take a while.

8 When finished, eject the SD and reboot the HU.

Good luck. Maybe someone with more time will write a full-blown checklist.

UPDATE: I just tried applying pionara's 5.1 patch and managed to bork it.  Got stuck in a reboot loop. Good thing I had a backup :)

RonS

thank you so much.

this is really advanced for me, I'll have to study it more and sure before I performing this.

But I really apperciate your help

Hey all, does anyone know if this update can be applied together with the CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade by replacing the Cardinfo and Verinfo files in this update with the files from that thread?  I searched around and didn't see any info regarding that.  Seems to me that it could be done, but I just want to make sure before I have a chance at making a brick out of my unit.

I have a bone stock, never updated Z110bt, purchased new.

Thanks everyone!

Hey all, does anyone know if this update can be applied together with the CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade by replacing the Cardinfo and Verinfo files in this update with the files from that thread?  I searched around and didn't see any info regarding that.  Seems to me that it could be done, but I just want to make sure before I have a chance at making a brick out of my unit.

I have a bone stock, never updated Z110bt, purchased new.

Thanks everyone!

Yes that should work but why would you want the 2012 maps when you can just install these 2013 maps?

Downloaded using a download manager program. site is great, downloaded at 2mb/s so it was a quick download, followed the instructions and updated my AVIC-X940BT.

the upgrade took about 20 minutes and after was done everything works perfect.

one thing I notice was it dint have the pandora and aha icons but as soon as I paired my galaxy s4 to the stereo the icons show up. I'm even able to play and control Iheart radio from the stereo.

I just bought this one on craigslist because I was so UNHAPPY with a Kenwood DNX570DH.

looks like a great stereo I always love Pioneer.