AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

Has anyone been able to get the Appmode screen up and running, (visible) on an  Avic Z110BT, upgraded to 5.1?  I'm using the stock, CD-1U51v 30 pin cable with an iPhone 5.  Have the Appmode App installed on my iPhone, but have not been able to get the Appmode screen to show up, (I get the vertical icons on the right side of the screen, but I don't get the large horizontal icons in the center of the screen that are supposed to scroll, left and right).  Perhaps it's not possible with a Z110BT.  When I go into settings > AV settings, the system does not give me an iPhone option, I only have an iPod option.  Anyone else have a similar frustration?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to get the Appmode screen up and running, (visible) on an  Avic Z110BT, upgraded to 5.1?  I'm using the stock, CD-1U51v 30 pin cable with an iPhone 5.  Have the Appmode App installed on my iPhone, but have not been able to get the Appmode screen to show up, (I get the vertical icons on the right side of the screen, but I don't get the large horizontal icons in the center of the screen that are supposed to scroll, left and right).  Perhaps it's not possible with a Z110BT.  When I go into settings > AV settings, the system does not give me an iPhone option, I only have an iPod option.  Anyone else have a similar frustration?

Anyone out there?

I updated my x930bt to x940bt firmware. now I am wondering which CARDINFO.zip I use for the map update in misterwoofwoof's post. Do I use the one for the 930bt or 940bt. Thanks in advance! 

It doesn't hurt or damage anything to try one and then the other if one doesn't work, but it may overwrite the x940bt update... not positive on that.

Was able to update my X920BT to the 2013 maps (5.0 firmware, and 3.32 BT firmware) but has anybody been able to update the X920BT to firmware 5.1?  I wrote the contents of the file AVIC-X940BT_FW-Update-v5.100.zip to the a FAT32 formatted Micro SD card and the unit reboots to the UCOM screen just fine.   When I select and chose "System uCom Write", i'm unable to continue because the next screen just shows [ --------- ] on the SD card instead of 8.05 (the uCom has 8.01).  

Seems as if the updater is checking to see if I have a X940 (and looking at a different folder).

Hmmm, wasn't able to to the System uCom write but the APP VERSION is 5.1 on my setup.   So I guess the first part of it did work before the uCom screen came up.

Just so I understand completely....

I have a Z110BT that is upgraded to the Z130BT. Are these 2013 maps equivalent to the Z140BT where the map VR is lost.

Service Info Screen shows version is currently 3.000 and the bluetooth firmware is currently 3.22.

I read in another post that the bluetooth fw update, even to just version 3.24 provides some added options and am wondering if it was just possible to update the bluetooth only assuming that does not affect the VR.

murphdawg, on 05 Aug 2014 - 5:32 PM, said:

Just so I understand completely....

I have a Z110BT that is upgraded to the Z130BT. Are these 2013 maps equivalent to the Z140BT where the map VR is lost.

Service Info Screen shows version is currently 3.000 and the bluetooth firmware is currently 3.22.

I read in another post that the bluetooth fw update, even to just version 3.24 provides some added options and am wondering if it was just possible to update the bluetooth only assuming that does not affect the VR.

Yes, you'll loose NAV VR. You can try just the BT firmware. If you don't like, it is easy to back out (if you have your old v3.0 upgrade SD). The BT update function will let you install older versions.  I doubt you'll see any new functionality - just bug fixes and maybe broader phone support. To just D/L new BT, get the 5.1 update and copy only the /Firmware folder to the SD. You probably know the rest.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction is really appreciate if.

I updated my x920BT, and also updated the BT firmware and everything went perfect.

These past few days I've noticed that my GPS is way off, sometimes even assuming I'm on entirely different road. I've tried searching oh how to calibrate the gps location, I've tried to troubleshoot the antenna, but have had no luck.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having navigation when it doesn't work. 😢

I've read through a couple threads and it seems no one has faced this issue.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...