AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

On 3/8/2014 at 5:33 PM, misterwoofwoof said:

Here you go guys! You have waited long enough for this!
352rtcl.jpg

Instructions for Z130BT and X930BT units:
1. Extract the contents of the ZIP file into an SD card that is atleast 4GB.
2. Replace the CARDINFO.cif file inside the SD card with this one:CARDINFO.zip
3. Insert the SD card in your unit and it will ask to update and reboot.
4. Update your Bluetooth firmware in the Bluetooth Settings menu.
5. Enjoy your new maps!

I'll be happy to help if you have any questions. Donations are appreciated since I had to buy the full version to share with you guys!

- Edited: Fixed the CARDINFO.cif files for X940BT and Z140BH - 03/17/2014
 -

Hello Mr. WoofWoof,

First, thank you for posting the links and the map update. The question I have is that I did exactly how the instructions stated. I had a formatted SD card with nothing on it other than the extracted zip Map files and the CARDINFO.CIF files. I inserted the SD card into my Z130BT, however, nothing happened. The unit did not do anything. Can you or anyone please advise if I need to do anything different. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/16/2015 at 5:24 PM, Twitch2099 said:

I've downloaded all the files and followed the instructions, but when I place the card inside of my AVIC-Z140BH nothing happens. It just continues to say "there is no applicable program"

any ideas?

I have encountered the same issue on my Z130BT. I did not get any notification either.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to add my $.02 to this thread for those of you who had the --------- as your Bluetooth version.  You "have to" download the Bluetoooth  file "separately" in the Bluetooth settings where it says update firmware.  It did not work for me the first time as there was no option to upgrade my Bluetooth in the settings and I almost gave up.  But I decided to try one more time, and holy crap it worked!!  My Bluetooth is finally working again after over a year without it......

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, freddyuk said:

I have read through the posts but I still cannot see where I can download the actual zip file. I need to fix my f920bt with usual BT problems

Thanks anyone who can assist directing me

It's in the 1st post. Download:  2013 Update Download (2.3GB)  You unzip it and only copy the Firmware folder to the root of your SD card.

But why not just install the 2017 update along with the newest BT firmware?

Hi RonS and thanks for such a quick response - I know you are the man!  There is no download in the posts I am seeing - honest. I have been right through the thread/s and rechecked post 1 and no link there.

I have been out in the car switching buttons back and forth as the BT has come up with all buttons working only two or three times. First time I registered 3 phones and made a test call. Next time the BT is switched off and other buttons are grey including register. Pressing BT ON/FF just means the failed connection message comes up as I guess you need all the buttons white to actually do anything. Suddenly all buttons there so I quickly try to press ON button but missed it! Back to greyed out except for 3 or 4 options. Very frustrating.

I have managed to get the Firmware to come up twice and the number there is 3.11? Most times this is blank. I cannot get any other info from pressing top left corner of the screen - nothing happens there.

I did call Pioneer who wanted £200 +tax + shipping for a new BT module (without seeing the unit) - I declined that offer. No other solutions offered.

So I plan to follow your instructions re password hack which I think I do first and then load this firmware. There is no new firmware on Pioneer site  ? So if I need the latest latest updates where would I find those? Sorry to be a pain but I am not a computer software expert just want to get this unit 100% again if it is possible.

In meantime I am re reading all the posts so I don't screw this up and hopefully find correct firmware options

Many thanks

Sorry I have now realised I am looking for the download under the F920 instructions.. I am an idiot.

Edited by freddyuk
2 hours ago, freddyuk said:

Hi RonS and thanks for such a quick response - I know you are the man!  There is no download in the posts I am seeing - honest. I have been right through the thread/s and rechecked post 1 and no link there.

I have been out in the car switching buttons back and forth as the BT has come up with all buttons working only two or three times. First time I registered 3 phones and made a test call. Next time the BT is switched off and other buttons are grey including register. Pressing BT ON/FF just means the failed connection message comes up as I guess you need all the buttons white to actually do anything. Suddenly all buttons there so I quickly try to press ON button but missed it! Back to greyed out except for 3 or 4 options. Very frustrating.

I have managed to get the Firmware to come up twice and the number there is 3.11? Most times this is blank. I cannot get any other info from pressing top left corner of the screen - nothing happens there.

I did call Pioneer who wanted £200 +tax + shipping for a new BT module (without seeing the unit) - I declined that offer. No other solutions offered.

So I plan to follow your instructions re password hack which I think I do first and then load this firmware. There is no new firmware on Pioneer site  ? So if I need the latest latest updates where would I find those? Sorry to be a pain but I am not a computer software expert just want to get this unit 100% again if it is possible.

In meantime I am re reading all the posts so I don't screw this up and hopefully find correct firmware options

Many thanks

Sorry I have now realised I am looking for the download under the F920 instructions.. I am an idiot.

To just update the BT firmware, you can use either EU or US/CAN updates. 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need the parking brake on (or the PB bypass wired correctly) in order to configure BT (both pairing and firmware update).

Many thanks

My green brake wire is already connected to ground wire from the unit (previous owner) No other cables are connected ie. speed signal/remote control just the official loom with the steering wheel control module. I think the official bypass has black/green/blue connected together so hope BT update will still work on mine. As I said I have paired 3 phones so it does work occasionally but then greys out all by itself and becomes useless. Cant even use the phone dial pad as that is blank too.

The BT update is the important one now as I hope it will restore functionality of this service. I would also then try to find 2017 EU maps update - is it in the threads somewhere.

1 hour ago, freddyuk said:

Many thanks

My green brake wire is already connected to ground wire from the unit (previous owner) No other cables are connected ie. speed signal/remote control just the official loom with the steering wheel control module. I think the official bypass has black/green/blue connected together so hope BT update will still work on mine. As I said I have paired 3 phones so it does work occasionally but then greys out all by itself and becomes useless. Cant even use the phone dial pad as that is blank too.

The BT update is the important one now as I hope it will restore functionality of this service. I would also then try to find 2017 EU maps update - is it in the threads somewhere.

Assuming the F-series is like the US Z series, it requires moving an unused wire in the harness (or adding  new wire), then grounding that one.  If you can watch a DVD while driving (not a good idea except for testing), it is installed. It is possible that the wire is loose - either in the harness or the ground connection. That has been known to cause intermittent problems.

The 2017 EU maps are here - New 2017 Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc. It has BT version 3.32. 

Since you have an F920bt, you'll need to replace the CardInfo.cif file.  The one I attached should work. If the update doesn't start, you can create your own reading through that long thread.

CARDINFO.cif

Good stuff much appreciated. My new SD Cards just got delivered so I can begin work. Will read everything again and make notes. Yes I can watch a DVD while moving so it seems the cabling is OK. BT 100% working is my aim as that is legal requirement. Given up on the Ipod connection but USB works just as well for music.

You guys are really great.

I just did the password hack and red screen says "password reset in 5 seconds" but below that was an error code 200c120 ?? Or something like that. So did the download fail to work? I just switched off and removed the SD. Shall I do it again?  If I load the maps update and it requires a password can I just back out of that without problems?

Thanks

3 hours ago, freddyuk said:

I just did the password hack and red screen says "password reset in 5 seconds" but below that was an error code 200c120 ?? Or something like that. So did the download fail to work? I just switched off and removed the SD. Shall I do it again?  If I load the maps update and it requires a password can I just back out of that without problems?

Thanks

Too many things going on here. 

What password hack? You never said you were locked-out of your headunit. Did it say "Password Removal will start in 5 seconds..."?   Maybe you meant the Shortfuse hack? It has a message that says "Installation will start in 5 seconds...".

In either case, the SD must not be write-protected. If you are asking about the update installation password, you can back out by removing the SD and rebooting.

So what are you trying to do? If it is the EU 2017 update, please post questions in that thread.

It was the password removal script that you posted in Sept 2017. My unit is not locked. My screen looked similar to this but said download will start in 5 seconds with same error message as below.

See post by kellinaradway

I keep getting an error.

post-132951-0-08913700-1506122977_thumb.jpg

I removed my SD card and the unit seems OK.

I see there is an update to this thread to remove password but I have not found my "hidden" button when I tried to see the unit firmware details. I just want to load cardinfo.cif file and then the maps update.

26 minutes ago, freddyuk said:

It was the password removal script that you posted in Sept 2017. My unit is not locked. My screen looked similar to this but said download will start in 5 seconds with same error message as below.

....I see there is an update to this thread to remove password but I have not found my "hidden" button when I tried to see the unit firmware details. I just want to load cardinfo.cif file and then the maps update.

That script is only for when your headunit has been locked and requires a password to boot-up. It is an anti-theft security feature that usually happens when the car's battery is removed (or dies).

It sounds like you want to run the Shortfuse script to allow installing a 2017 map update. That hack disables the validation of a unique password as part of the installation. When the 2017 maps get installed you just enter "PASSWORDPASSWORD" when prompted. Don't get this confused with the password required to unzip the archive after you download it. That one is defined in the first post of the thread.

On 3/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, RonS said:

Assuming the F-series is like the US Z series, it requires moving an unused wire in the harness (or adding  new wire), then grounding that one.  If you can watch a DVD while driving (not a good idea except for testing), it is installed. It is possible that the wire is loose - either in the harness or the ground connection. That has been known to cause intermittent problems.

The 2017 EU maps are here - New 2017 Release F20BT F30BT F40Bt F920BT F930BT F840BT Etc. It has BT version 3.32. 

Since you have an F920bt, you'll need to replace the CardInfo.cif file.  The one I attached should work. If the update doesn't start, you can create your own reading through that long thread.

CARDINFO.cif

OK I did the Shortfuse hack and this loaded and was confirmed.

Next I inserted the 16GB SD with three files being the Cardinfo above and the update and firmware update files. Nothing happened at all so unit is not reading the SD instruction? I just copied the above files onto my SD. Is there something else I should do as I have no way of opening cif. files on my MAC.

Cardinfo is 33kb   Firmware is 2.1mb and Update is 3.62gb !