AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

Z130 and Z140 updates are the same!  You can always manually install files, but you have to know what files to load!  My advise to everyone is to stop trying to do something you have no knowledge about!  You either deleted needed files or installed Condi hack, which in turn crippled your system!  Send it to Pioneer to fix and stop trying shit you don't have any knowledge about.

LOL and this is?? Your answer and contribution to my question? LOL. Nice way to increase your post count eh? Just for the record, the unit is now working after manually installing some of the files. So hows that for trying "shit" I "dont have any knowledge about" ??? In your face fool.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked like a champ on my x920bt. VR still works for music on iPod.

Hi, I have the X920BT, and mines not working.  About 20% the update stops.  Telling me to reinsert SD card.

I tried different types of SD card, no luck.  reformatted, no luck.  Used most of the Cardinfo.cif....

What version or file name is the correct one with the right date stamp and time?  Please help!! Im trying to get this to work..

Thanks!!! :eek:

...Used most of the Cardinfo.cif....

What version or file name is the correct one with the right date stamp and time?

If you have the wrong CardInfo, the HU will just do nothing (or maybe start searching for playable media files) when you insert the SD. That should help you verify that you have the right one.

There's something wrong with the SD - either the card (unlikely since you've used several) or the files on it. I can't be more specific than that. Try downloading and extracting the upgrade again. Maybe it is caused by the program you are using to decompress/expand the archive.

Thanks for your help!! I My unit is stock, Ver 2.0000 i believe.  Does the unit itself needs to be mod/hack? 

I will download again.  I'm using winzip.  The SD card i'm using is a SanDisk ultra 32GB microSDHC class 10, i formatted to Fat32.

Would the fat32 have a problem?  It was on ExFat. 

What decompress program should I use?

Should I download the file on the computer or mobile phone?  Previous post people had issues on the DL.

You guys awesome on helping out!! :-P

Thanks for your help!! I My unit is stock, Ver 2.0000 i believe.  Does the unit itself needs to be mod/hack? 

I will download again.  I'm using winzip.  The SD card i'm using is a SanDisk ultra 32GB microSDHC class 10, i formatted to Fat32.

Should I download the file on the computer or mobile phone?  Previous post people had issues on the DL.

Yeah it has to be on FAT32. It does not need any mods or hacks. Simply extract the map files onto your SD card and extract the corresponding cardinfo.sif file onto the root of your SD card.

According to the user manual the HU only officially supports up to 16GB. I use 4GB. As noted, format FAT32. I use WinRAR v3.8 but WinZip should work. Be sure you tell it to unpack files into the original directory structure. Otherwise it extracts all files into one directory.

I would like to thank everyone that helped me on this.  I guess the 5th time is the charm.

Steps I did for the X920BT:

1.  Downloaded the file using Firefox version 29.

2.  Did a reg. format to FAT32.  (Not quick format)

3.  Extract the zip file using 7-zip file program (freeware).  I got no errors this time, even tested the file.  Extracted right into the microSD card. (SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10)

4.  Inserted the microSD card into unit, Update menu appeared. Whoa!!! Yup!!

5.  Ran all updates time duration was like 30 mins.  Plus the Bluetooth upgrade firmware also.

Tip:  Make sure your car battery is in good condition, my car battery was weak last night running it.  Ran 4 times trying to update the 2013 map.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!! Peace!  :-P8)

• 2 weeks later...

Got this to work for me on X9310BT after fighting with the "insert the correct sd card" error.

What ended up working for me was the full format to fat32 with the 16k allocation unit size

I also unzipped to my pc with winrar and then individually copied to the microSD card, the FIRMWARE folder first and then the Update folder next and finally the correct CardInfo.cif file.

Worked great on my X930BT. Not only upgrades the nav maps to 2013 but also includes update for blue tooth firmware and new buttons for Aha radio and Pandora. Thank you so much. This is what I needed.

With that being said, can someone please explain to me why I would want to install the Condi Hack. I know this is propably in another thread, but can't seem to find an answer. If the condi hack does not work with the GPS, what would be the main reason someone would want to install it? Is someone is willing to answer this, please provide a list of what the condi hack does/includes. Thanks and excuse if this is a repeat question. I am noob and trying to learn.

... With that being said, can someone please explain to me why I would want to install the Condi Hack. I know this is propably in another thread, but can't seem to find an answer. If the condi hack does not work with the GPS, what would be the main reason someone would want to install it? Is someone is willing to answer this, please provide a list of what the condi hack does/includes. Thanks and excuse if this is a repeat question. I am noob and trying to learn.

No reason in the world - its just a dangerous toy. It has bricked many units. I've asked several times for the moderators to pull it, or at least post WARNINGS. You've now been warned.

Sounds great!   I have a couple of questions --

* Will this update directly from version 3.00x?   (I have a z130bt running 3.001)

* Does this update include the nag screen removal?  (I implemented the nag screen removal hack last year, but on 3.001)

Thanks.  John

This should work directly from any version including 3.00x. And no it does not have the nag screen removal. Nothing has been modified except to bypass the password requirement for the update.

Hi,

Was anyone successful in updating a Z130BT running 3.0000? I followed the instructions exactly and was only able to update bluetooth firmware (to 3.32).  I am going to wipe out the SD card completely and try again, as I had some older AVIC files on the SD card (feeds, wallpaper picture, etc) and cross my fingers... Will post results.

Thx,

Jenn

Hi,

Was anyone successful in updating a Z130BT running 3.0000? I followed the instructions exactly and was only able to update bluetooth firmware (to 3.32).  I am going to wipe out the SD card completely and try again, as I had some older AVIC files on the SD card (feeds, wallpaper picture, etc) and cross my fingers... Will post results.

Thx,

Jenn

Its updating now ;) Removed all other files from SD card (less ones DL'd via instructions) and now updating as expected. GRACIAS...sending some $$ your way now :)