AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

Thanks Ron, looks like what I need is the update: 2013 USA-CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip Which will take me from 3.0 to 5.0 and just to be clear, this firmware updates the units operating system as well as the maps, is that correct?

When I eventually figure out how to download the file, do I drag the folder to my SD card, or do I drag the contents of the folder to my SD card without the folder?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ron, looks like what I need is the update: 2013 USA-CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip Which will take me from 3.0 to 5.0 and just to be clear, this firmware updates the units operating system as well as the maps, is that correct?

When I eventually figure out how to download the file, do I drag the folder to my SD card, or do I drag the contents of the folder to my SD card without the folder?

When you view the larger compressed map file you will see that it contains 2 folders and the CardInfo file. Copy the two folders (Firmware and Update) onto the root of the SD card. This will create those two folders and contents on the SD card. You don't need to copy the CardInfo file as it would be replaced anyway. Open the CardInfo.zip file and you will find the CardInfo.cif file. Copy the CardInfo.cif file into the root folder of the SD card. Place the SD card in the radio and turn the vehicle on in order to start up the radio. If done correctly, you will see a message asking if you want to update. Select yes and the radio will confirm it's rebooting. Update takes about 30 minutes. This is the map update. Once that is done, go into the BT setting, scroll down and click on Firmware to update the BT firmware to 3.32.

Thank you for the instructions tcope.  Did I read somewhere that if you update a Z110BT from 3.0 to 5.0 that will knock out the voice command features of the Z110BT?

Not sure...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/&do=findComment&comment=275737

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38472-2013-usacan-maps-download/?p=276705

I've seen it mentioned but not seen too many complaints that it was lost.

It knocks out the voice command NAVIGATION features only ... you cannot enter a destination by voice, only by typing in on the screen.   Supposedly if you have not implemented the parking brake bypass hack, you can only set a destination while the parking brake is on -- therefore no practical reason to try to set a destination by voice command and hassle with all of the misinterpretations of what you're saying, when you can just punch it in on the screen.

I have the bypass hack on my unit and I haven't missed the nav voice command.  I only use voice command for making phone calls.

It knocks out the voice command NAVIGATION features only ... you cannot enter a destination by voice, only by typing in on the screen.   Supposedly if you have not implemented the parking brake bypass hack, you can only set a destination while the parking brake is on -- therefore no practical reason to try to set a destination by voice command and hassle with all of the misinterpretations of what you're saying, when you can just punch it in on the screen.

I have the bypass hack on my unit and I haven't missed the nav voice command.  I only use voice command for making phone calls.

Thanks for clearing that up for me John.  I had my installer do the bypass hack and wasn't really aware that I was knocking out the Nav. Voice command feature.  If I can only use it while the parking brake is engaged and it doesn't work so well, the feature is not something I'm going to miss.  It will be nice to have the map update.  I had a location way out in the sticks to go to the other day and the navigation was completely lost, it wouldn't even accept the address, so I'm hoping 2013 maps are an improvement..

Tried to upgrade to 5.1 using this link:  http://www.pioneerel...date_v5.100.zip , When unzipped you have a folder labeled: "AVIC-Z140BH_FW-Update_v5"  opened the folder and dragged the following items to the SC card:  AvicZ110 (folder),  Firmware, (folder) and Testmode.key (file)  Inserted the SC card into my AvicZ110BT,  The upgrade launched and went through the install process, the unit then restarted, then I got the screen in the photo below and couldn't go any further:

Went to system info to see what version I was on and I'm still at 5.0, I guess the upgrade didn't work.   When I try to reinsert the SC card, it doesn't go through the upgrade process, I just get the screen in the photo below.  My upgrade from 3.0 to 5.0 went well, I'm wondering what I did wrong?

photo_zps2e224795.jpg

photousa, on 27 Jul 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:photousa, on 27 Jul 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Tried to upgrade to 5.1 using this link:  http://www.pioneerel...date_v5.100.zip , When unzipped you have a folder labeled: "AVIC-Z140BH_FW-Update_v5"  opened the folder and dragged the following items to the SC card:  AvicZ110 (folder),  Firmware, (folder) and Testmode.key (file)  Inserted the SC card into my AvicZ110BT,  The upgrade launched and went through the install process, the unit then restarted, then I got the screen in the photo below and couldn't go any further:

Went to system info to see what version I was on and I'm still at 5.0, I guess the upgrade didn't work.   When I try to reinsert the SC card, it doesn't go through the upgrade process, I just get the screen in the photo below.  My upgrade from 3.0 to 5.0 went well, I'm wondering what I did wrong?

Did you read the instructions on the Pioneer web site on installing 5.100? http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/AVIC-Z140BH_X940BT_FW-Update_v5.100_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

And the internal version is displayed via a hidden screen. Go to the System Information screen that shows Version  then press and hold the upper left corner of the screen.

Was able to update my X920BT to the 2013 maps (5.0 firmware, and 3.32 BT firmware) but has anybody been able to update the X920BT to firmware 5.1?  I wrote the contents of the file AVIC-X940BT_FW-Update-v5.100.zip to the a FAT32 formatted Micro SD card and the unit reboots to the UCOM screen just fine.   When I select and chose "System uCom Write", i'm unable to continue because the next screen just shows [ --------- ] on the SD card instead of 8.05 (the uCom has 8.01).  

Seems as if the updater is checking to see if I have a X940 (and looking at a different folder).