AVIC411.com

2013 USA/CAN Maps Download

Thanks any idea which sensors are compatible? Do I need to get a new camera?

I guess I wasn't clear. What I'm trying to tell ya is this HU isn't designed to do that - so there are no sensors that are compatible. There may be an separate after-market system with sensors and an alarm that warns when you are too close to an object. I don't know. I'm just answering your original question.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this, way able to do the update on my Z110BT with no issues. Quick question, I noticed that now when I put my car in reverse and my camera is triggered that there are now gridlines on my screen. Can this be setup to beep as I get closer to the car behind me? Thanks.

You would need something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Farenheit-LP-2CSC-Chrome-License-Plate-Backup-Camera-w-Parking-Sensors-/360896138642?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5407160d92&vxp=mtr

This is exactly what I have connected to my unit.

It is a camera that has the parking sensors built into it. It comes with a seperate module with a speaker that notifies you of your distance and beeps when you are too close.

Thanks for this, way able to do the update on my Z110BT with no issues. Quick question, I noticed that now when I put my car in reverse and my camera is triggered that there are now gridlines on my screen. Can this be setup to beep as I get closer to the car behind me? Thanks.

Can we get rid of these new guide lines? My camera bought from ebay already have it and now it displays 2 set of lines.

On other car which has ccd camera and no lines, I like that they introduced this and it's configurable. Just don't know how to disable them.

This process requires a certain skill set and level of proficiency - I don't have the time to walk you through every keypress. I will help you understand the general process. You're going to have to dig-out the details in existing threads. Beware - there are lots of ways to screw-up. Always avoid doing something you can't undo. Make working backups of any files you need to edit/delete. I make a /BACKUP folder on my SD and move original copies into there (before deleting) just incase I screw something up.

1. Learn how to copy, paste and delete files using Testmode. There is a Youtube vid that covers many of the nuances - but the Testmode user interface is a POS. Be aware that on the video he incorrectly calls it HackMode - don't install hackmode - it's a disaster waiting to happen.   To run Testmode, put the file Testmode.key in the root of an SD and insert it into  the AVIC. You need to select "File Maintenence". It uses hard buttons to scroll, and select various operations. It is very error - prone so be careful.

2. Now you need to get a copy of NAVI.exe on your PC. You can get it off the HU (in /USER/PRGn/APL) or from the 5.x files you downloaded to do the upgrade. Just to be safe, copy the file somewhere to edit - best not to touch the original.

3. You need a hex editor on your PC. I used (free) HxD. Learn how to use it - practice on something first. Then use it to patch the hex bytes into NAVI.exe as pionara (v5.1) or I (v5.0) describe elsewhere. The offest is the location in the file to begin the patch - replacing the 4 hex numbers already there.

4. Copy your patched NAVI.exe to the SD where you have TestMode.key and insert in the HU - should boot you directly into Testmode.

5. The HU has two sets of application files in /USER (PRG0 and PRG1). If a file called PRG.FLG is present, you need to delete and replace NAVI.exe in /USER/PRG1/APL. Otherwise use /USER/PRG0/APL.

6. Delete NAVI.exe from the directory above. It is best to make a copy of it somewhere on the SD in a different directory than your hacked one.  Note: Testmode will not overwrite a file of the same name.

7. Now copy your hacked NAVI.exe to the HU folder from #5 above. It can take a while.

8 When finished, eject the SD and reboot the HU.

Good luck. Maybe someone with more time will write a full-blown checklist.

UPDATE: I just tried applying pionara's 5.1 patch and managed to bork it.  Got stuck in a reboot loop. Good thing I had a backup :)

thank you so much, I finially figured it out and works smoothly ^^

The update worked flawlessly on my z120bt that was running 2.0 firmware.  Unfortunately couldn't fix my bluetooth problems though.  (my bluetooth firmware shows "_____")

Just wanted to make sure you are aware that the BT firmware installation is a separate step - through the BT menu.