AVIC411.com

Upcoming Apple CarPlay support!

I read an article that was released today saying Pioneer was signing a deal with Apple to support CarPlay in upcoming head units and possibly current ones too! Thought I'd start a thread about it as new info comes out on it. I'm really hoping they will supply a firmware update the next few months to support the AVIC-Z150BH with CarPlay and all lightning iDevice's (5/5c/5S).

They have released a statement stating it isn't true. There will be no CarPlay for 2014 units.

http://modmyi.com/content/14122-aftermarket-receivers-compatible-carplay-won-t-coming-2014.html

Since Apple just did announce CarPlay, and since the 2014 aftermarket models are out or will soon be out, getting it this year isn't too likely.

I'd like to see how well Mirrorlink works. There's a video of it on the Mirrorlink website in an Alpine that if it works that well in Pioneers, could be worth the investment.

They have released a statement stating it isn't true. There will be no CarPlay for 2014 units.

http://modmyi.com/content/14122-aftermarket-receivers-compatible-carplay-won-t-coming-2014.html

Thought it was interesting that Pioneer didn't deny it.  They simply said the statements about them working with Apple weren't official and were taken out of context.

Still agree with you though.  I don't see any aftermarket CarPlay until 2015 at the earliest.

My guess is the 2015 units are in beta right now and likely won't see it either. With CarPlay just being announced, I could see Pioneer needing 3-6 months of negotiations before an agreement with Apple is granted. Maybe 2016 if Apple even allows aftermarket.

• 1 month later...

The article states it will be supported by NEX units only so don't count on previous units being updated for support. Also that would be a feature addition to a discontinued unit and Pioneer never does that. AppRadio might get it but doubtful.