AVIC411.com

Trouble updating x930 firmware

I just recently bought a 930 from a buddy of mine that wasn't using it anymore. He pulled it from a truck a couple years ago and couldn't remember the password so had to use the Condi hack to retrieve the password. Ever since I installed, since I stream music via Android over bluetooth, randomly the music will almost cut out then come back in.

I have concluded this has to do more with the bluetooh on the unit, and noticed that the firmware is 3.0. I went to Pioneer's website and downloaded the 3.1 firmware and tried for 30 mins yesterday to update the headunit to no avail. I tried extracting the files, putting the whole folder on the SD card, etc etc etc.

I'm wondering if it wont automatically update b/c of using the hack sequence to retrieve the password? IF this is true, can someone point me in the direction of how to update from 3.0 to 3.1 or better for hacked h/u's? If not, WTF am I doing wrong?? I'm pretty profecient when it comes to electronics, and this is stumping the shit out of me.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Bryant