AVIC411.com

if I update tp 2013 maps do I loose the nag screen patch?

• 4 months later...

Will the same patch still work?   Also I cant find it anywhere.  Can someone point me in the direction or the patch pls.I updated to the 2013 maps and yes now have the nag screen again.

Yes it will work,as I did it after updating my 930bt to 5.0. Just edit the few HEX digets on the nav.exe and paste it in, and nag screen no-more.

hi there- could you post details please. id love to do that. but didnt think it was possible with the 2013 maps. 

Assuming your familiar with testmode and how to copy and paste.  I am not responsible for anything anyone does, you do this at your own risk.

1.  Go into supertest mode, make a backup of the entire USER folder and back it up on your PC.

2. On your PC take and from your backup and find the navi.exe(USER/PRG1/APL/navi.exe) and make a copy and put it somewhere safe as long as it different than the backup.

3. Open the navi.exe with a HEX editor, I used winhex (not your master back up copy)

4. Find the offset 000BEBFC

5. change "05 00 00 0A" to "00 00 A0 E1"

6. Save it to the sd card

7. go back into supertest mode, navigate to USER/PRG1/APL and then delete the navi.exe(the file extension does not show up in testmode so it will just be navi) and it has to be deleted, testmode does not overwrite files so you cannot just paste the modified navi.exe without deleting the original in the folder first.

8. Paste modified navi.exe into the folder USER/PRG1/APL

9. reboot normal and nag screen will be gone.

If you did something wrong along the way, that's what the backup is for, just make sure you have a untouched USER folder backup before you do anything. Well that and don't modify your backup copy.

While i did this on a BT930, it is using the 940 firmware, so with that logic it should work on any other device using the 940 firmware to update to 5.0 and 2013 maps. But if it doesn't, again thats why having a backup is so important.

Hope this helps

FYI if you are unable to find the file needed in USER/PRG1/APL, check USER/PRG0/APL

thanks Mate. ive never used test mode so mightnt be worth the risk 

It is as simple as putting a file on the root of a SD card and booting up with that in the unit. The only tricky part is navigating through test mode. While i did not find it difficult to learn quickly, i have read through a lot of ppl posting how the deleted something when they didnt mean to, but clicked the wrong button, or something to that affect.

So just be careful, copy the USER folder and paste it to the sd card. go straight to a pc, save that folder somewhere safe. As long as that is your first step you should have no issues, then if you delete the wrong thing you have a back up you can pull from and paste it right back in. So as long as your able to get into test mode you can fix it with the backup.

I am no expert by any means, I only recently starting actually posting on here. Normally just reading to find answers. But glad if i can help someone else, as thanks to the ppl on here I feel like i have a completely different machine compared to the one i originally purchased.

• 10 months later...