AVIC411.com

Just got a AVH-X8500BHS

Good Day to you all, I just got the 8500 a couple of days ago, its installed and working fine... BUT I have a few things I would like to know about... something kind of annoying is I change inputs to iPod it will read the iPod but wont start playing until I hit the play button... nor will it start playing if I turn the ignition off then back on again, it reads the iPod and goes to it, but playback is paused, I have to hit the play button to start it again, is there anyway to have it just play as soon as it gets to the iPod? I always leave the iPod just playing the entire thing in random so when I get back to it just starts playing back right where it left off.

Second annoyance, the button beeps. On all other radios I have owned there is an option to disable the beeping sounds of the radio when one presses a button, but I cant for the life of me find this option nor can I find anything like it in the manual.

And the last annoyance but nothing that anyone could fix, Pandora only works with the phone attached via HDMI... WHY!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

The iPod is a 60gb iPod with Video (5th Gen) and I am using the aftermarket Pioneer CD-IU50V it does work and I do get video out of it, its a nice enough cable but I which the mini-jack cable would split off of the USB connection instead of the dock connector. and after further testing, it seems the iPod resumes playback on switching sources just fine, only issue seems to be turning on the car and the radio going to the iPod source and then just sitting there waiting for me to hit play.

Though further testing I swapped out my 5th gen for my 7th gen 160gb and its playing back like its supposed to, I wonder why one does it and not the other.

• 1 year later...

ok, a couple of updates, still getting the same issues with the 7th gen 160gb iPod Classic works ok, but only for random up to about 120 songs, then no matter what I seem to do, it will error or crash and needs to be reset, and then its fine for another 120 or so songs before it resets. the 5th gen is fine upwards of 1000 songs played back randomly, except for the stupid fact that it still will not start play back upon startup of the radio.

Anyone have any ideas on this? and the cables for both are the genuine apple certified cables bought at an apple store, shouldent have any issues.

another issue with this unit is that it will not show album art on somethings, which I know have it when playing back music from the SD card, and I have tried to make sure its just a normal jpg as the file type for the cover art, any suggestions on that?