AVIC411.com

SD card video on Z150BH

I just had a z150bh installed about a week ago and after a couple trips to the installer everything is working as expected - navigation, sirius/xm, iPhone connectivity, rear display and backup camera. I picked up an SD card and loaded a bunch of music on it - works great. I'd like to load some videos on it as well for my son to watch on the rear screen, but try as I might I can't seem to get the videos in a format the 150 likes. I've followed instructions on a couple posts and looked at the specs for video in the pioneer manual, and I sure thought I had Handbrake setup where it needed to be, but any video i try off the SD card gets me the same message that the video can't be played, check the documentation for supported formats.

Has anyone had luck with Handbrake on Mac (or another application for that matter), and could you share the settings you used? Thanks!

I was able to get this going - two things to note. One, the correct settings in Handbrake seem to be:

MP4 video, MPEG-4 FFMpreg video codec

Framerate same as source

Constant Framerate

Average bit rate 2500kbps

Audio AAC ffmpeg stereo

Picture 400x240, anamorphic none, don't maintain aspect ratio, modulus 16, auto cropping

Now the problem is, this displays fine on the front screen... but not the rear. It sounds like perhaps rear display of SD card video isn't possible in the z150bh? Can that be?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...