AVIC411.com

So i picked up my AVH-4000NEX yesterday and got it installed. So far my overall impressions are very positive. The unit is quick and responsive. Haven't found any annoying bugs yet, but I'm sure they are coming.

The one problem I am having it connectivity with my iPhone 5. I have a standard HDMI cable (not the $50 pioneer cable kit) and the USB extension cable that came with the radio. I have both of these cables connected to the back of the radio. I have the HDMI cable connected to the genuine Apple lightning to AV adapter, and I have the geniun apple lightning to usb cable connected to the USB cable. I can get into AppRadio mode perfectly. I can play Netflix, YouTube, Waze and everything just as I would expect. I can go into the HDMI input and watch videos as expected. However, when I go to the iPod/USB 1 input, I get a message that tells me "Device Incompatible" and I can't play anything from the iPod app in the iPhone. Pandora works perfectly through the cable also. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone would like any pics or videos of the unit and functionality, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

My car doesn't support Maestro either.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support the Maestro SW module either.....I don't see Audi listed anywhere on idatalink's site.

I'll just get the PAC-audio kit.  It's universally compatible, and is ultimately my shop's problem to program.

I've been looking into iPad Mini custom dash mounting options (since my shop does that).  Only thing stopping me is the fact that tablet mounts aren't very well sync'd with your car.  Steering wheel controls....screen brightness adjustments whenever you turn on/off your headlights, etc....forget about all that.

It's a damn shame too, because I've been reading about an iPad app called DashBox and it's soooo damn pretty....along with the fact that a 128GB LTE equipped iPad Mini is only $830, by comparison to an 8000NEX which is ~ $1400 before installation.

I thought about the iPad mini route also, but essentially you still need a head unit to sync the iPad to in order to get the audio out to your amp/speakers. So you need the iPad plus the cost of a head unit, which is still a cheaper option, just something to think about.

I'll go snap some pictures after this meeting I'm about to walk into.

ng.

However, when I go to the iPod/USB 1 input, I get a message that tells me "Device Incompatible" and I can't play anything from the iPod app in the iPhone. Pandora works perfectly through the cable also. Any ideas?

I do not think that this is possible, at least it is not with the Appraido, This part of the stereo is if you have I phone 4 with the other connection.  The Ipod button does not work if you are using digital AV you will more then likely need to get an app to play your music.

sorry - confused about something...so if you had, for examples movies, music videos, tv shows on the iPhone 5, then you can watch those on the Pioneer screen via the Apple AV/HDMI connection?

This is correct. With the hdmi port and the apple lightning to av adapter, I can stream movies on here. Best part of this is I can stream Thomas the Train from Netflix for my son when he starts getting cranky from being in his seat for long periods of time! :-)

Thought I would add to this.  I also installed a 4000NEX.  Using a Galaxy S4 with Cyanogen 10.2.1(4.3) clean install I am having app radio issues.  I am using appradio unchained.  I can get it to connect(sometimes) but when I do, I get a squished screen because there is a menu on the left side that I don't know how to get rid of so it won't go full screen.  If I switch to just the HDMI input I do get a full screen image.  Going to try and figure out what the deal is.  I am using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESM3TTA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cable.  

ok, you said "streaming".  I assume you mean from Netflix via your iPhone 5 mobile connection.

What if you had videos "stored" on the iPhones drive....can you watch those as well?  is there any HDCP Copyright protection stuff over the HDMI that prevents that - whether you rip your own videos or are trying to play videos downloaded from iTunes, for example?

Is the bypass the same as the older avic units?

Not positive. I didn't have an older AVIC unit so I don't know how they were bypassed. This one is bypassed with a bypass cable I bought from the stereo shop. It has three cables (black, green, and blue) that connect to the radios harness and the other end of the cables are all grouped together under a black cover so you can't see anything. It was incredibly simple actually.

Thought I would add to this. I also installed a 4000NEX. Using a Galaxy S4 with Cyanogen 10.2.1(4.3) clean install I am having app radio issues. I am using appradio unchained. I can get it to connect(sometimes) but when I do, I get a squished screen because there is a menu on the left side that I don't know how to get rid of so it won't go full screen. If I switch to just the HDMI input I do get a full screen image. Going to try and figure out what the deal is. I am using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESM3TTA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cable.

I have the same vertical menu on the left hand side and cannot get the apps full screen unless switching to hdmi input. I have also found a bug that the radio switches you back to the input you are using while navigating menus. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes 2 and sometimes it doesn't do it at all... but it's clearly a bug.