AVIC411.com

ok, you said "streaming". I assume you mean from Netflix via your iPhone 5 mobile connection.

What if you had videos "stored" on the iPhones drive....can you watch those as well? is there any HDCP Copyright protection stuff over the HDMI that prevents that - whether you rip your own videos or are trying to play videos downloaded from iTunes, for example?

I don't have any videos on my iPhone currently. I will try to get some on there and give this a shot tomorrow night after work.

Thought I would add to this.  I also installed a 4000NEX.  Using a Galaxy S4 with Cyanogen 10.2.1(4.3) clean install I am having app radio issues.  I am using appradio unchained.  I can get it to connect(sometimes) but when I do, I get a squished screen because there is a menu on the left side that I don't know how to get rid of so it won't go full screen.  If I switch to just the HDMI input I do get a full screen image.  Going to try and figure out what the deal is.  I am using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESM3TTA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cable.  

Does Multilink not work?

I've had erratic behavior of AppMode in my S4 on the Z150. It sounds like it still sucks.

I picked up a 4000NEX for my car.  Got it installed yesterday. The sound quality is noticeably better and warmer than my Kenwood KDC-X997.  It plays CDs, streams media over Bluetooth, which connects faster than the Kenwood did.  HDRadio works, and it plays 24bit/96KHz FLAC audio.  The touchscreen is fast and responsive, and the UI is really great.

What doesn't work though, is the USB functionality and SDHC functionality.  The unit will not address SDHC media containing more than 2GB worth of files.  I tried a 4GB, 16GB, and 32GB SDHC cards.  It addresses SD cards just fine, but they are limited to 2GB in size. I've formatted the media to Fat32, exFat, and NTFS.  The HU doesn't support exFat.  It does support NTFS and Fat32. It reads NTFS and FAT32 fine, but only up to 2GB.  Beyond that, it chokes. It does not address MSC devices consistently.  I have tried two different Sansa MP3 players, and multiple USB flash drives (64GB, 16GB, 2GB, 1GB).  Only one flash drive has worked, which was generic, and only 1GB in size.  The Kenwood X997 interacted with the Sansa players and USB media with no issues.  So I know it's not the media devices.

I sent Pioneer support an email yesterday after troubleshooting.  I'll be calling them Monday morning to follow-up on it.  Hopefully it's something simple like a firmware issue or a defective unit.  But so far, it's turning out a bit disappointing. 

Thought I would add to this.  I also installed a 4000NEX.  Using a Galaxy S4 with Cyanogen 10.2.1(4.3) clean install I am having app radio issues.  I am using appradio unchained.  I can get it to connect(sometimes) but when I do, I get a squished screen because there is a menu on the left side that I don't know how to get rid of so it won't go full screen.  If I switch to just the HDMI input I do get a full screen image.  Going to try and figure out what the deal is.  I am using this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESM3TTA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 cable.  

On page 112 of the owner's manual: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVIC-7000NEX_OperationManual030714.pdf it shows you how to adjust the screen size for use with Android devices

I have the same vertical menu on the left hand side and cannot get the apps full screen unless switching to hdmi input. I have also found a bug that the radio switches you back to the input you are using while navigating menus. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes 2 and sometimes it doesn't do it at all... but it's clearly a bug.

Press the Home button (the phyiscal button with four squares on it) twice- it'll hide the vertical menu.

Pressing the home button twice worked perfectly. Now I can see my waze app in full screen... almost. I have a thin black bar that runs across the top of the screen. Sometimes the app seems to "adjust" and I end up with rounded corners and a black bar around the entire app, not just the top. I'm assuming this is a bug, but I don't know if it's a radio bug or a waze bug. I would take a picture but as soon as I touch the camera app, I will lose the app mode screen on the radio. lol

I was reading another thread that said the screen size for the apps can be changed in the Input/Output settings on the head unit. I have this menu, but it is always greyed out so I am unable to go into that menu and change any sizes. The problem I have is that the Waze app fills up left to right and bottom perfect, but I have a black bar across the top. Anyone know if this is just not possible on the 4000 even though the menu option is there?