AVIC411.com

Upgrade X930bt firmware - iphone 5 compatible

I have a X930bt running the 3.0001 update.

I would like to be able to use an iPhone 5 with this unit. I tried using the apple 30 pin to lightning adapter but the x930bt doesn't recognize the iphone and the iphone doesn't charge.

There seems to be instructions on this forum on how to upgrade the x930bt to z140bt - and I was wondering if anyone can confirm that once that is done, does that version of the firmware work with iPhone 5 (or other lightning iPods).

Also, the instructions seem to be scattered all throughout the forum, is there a simple step-by-step guide that illustrates how to do the upgrade safely?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply - the update you provided the link to seems fairly straight forward. There are other updates referred throughout this forum that implies a different, more fundamental update. They involve having to patch certain files on the current unit, etc.

Do you have any information about those updates?

I believe you are referring to the 2012 x940BT firmware and files that people are using to upgrade their x920/x930 units to the same software on the x940. That was a more complex method because Pioneer never officially released a software upgrade to those units until the 2013 maps were released. Now that 2013 factory upgrade allows you to seamlessly upgrade your unit, there is no need to follow the 2012 method for your device. All you should need is the link I provided. This is my understanding of it. I never needed to do the 2012 update since I have a x940bt.