AVIC411.com

2007 Toyota Highlander install - wire locations needed!

Hello all,

A quick search of this area yields nothing on an install for a Highlander. I've got an '07 with the base sound system, and I have a D3 on order to arrive soon.

I am looking for info on where to tap the VSS and Backup wires (yes, i will be using a backup camera), and if anyone has any helpful ideas on running the GPS antenna.

Now, I know most toyotas are nearly identical (a 4runner is almost a highlander in terms of installs), and the electronics don't vary much between years / models, so any helpful advice from fellow toyota owners would be great.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any difference for the hybrid? For the reverse, I have an 18pin blue plug in that area... I found a link that suggested pin 11, pink, and tried that with no success. How can I tell in the Z2 if the reverse is connected? Is there a test anywhere within the system?

Thanks - this forum rules!

Just as an update, here's what I have for a 07 highlander hybrid.

Reverse Light red/black to pink + driver kick, blu 18 pin plug, pin 11

If you're looking at the harness the wire will be red/black on one side and pink on the other.

turned out it was a fat pink cord with a silver horizontal stripe... not sure what the pin number is... I'll look at it later. I found the VSS, reverse is connected, test drive was a bit clunky - I'm getting some invalid parking brake statement... I'll do some searching of avic411.

Thanks for your help.

• 4 years later...

I'm installing my Avic-z1 in a 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Limited model. So far everything works but the speed sense cable. I've read a dozen threads about my year and others close to it but none have worked for me yet. I've tried this one for the 2006:

"Speed Sense is the light blue wire in the HVC (Hybrid Vehicle Control) ECU, in the top plug, in pin 24. The HVC ECU is behind the glove box of course, and the module to the left"

And this one for the 06/07 : Speed Sense is the light blue wire in the HVC (Hybrid Vehicle Control) ECU, in the top plug, in pin 24. The HVC ECU is behind the glove box of course, and the module to the left

MikeAny other ideas or suggestions please?