AVIC411.com

log: installation of the NEX8000, speakers, amp, and accessories by: 949

hey guys! as you have been reading my posts i am all into this new head unit.

today i picked up the NEX 8000 pioneer.

along with speakers.

ill be posting all of the process as i go along. there are a few small peices i still need need such as RCA cables and power/ground wire for the amp.

so far what i have are:

NEX 8000

alpine 6x9 type R spr-69

alpine 6.5 coax type R spr-60

alpine 1inch tweeters sps-110tw

siriusXM module tuner V200

sundown amp sax 125.4

IMG_5042.jpgIMG_5043.jpgIMG_5044.jpg

thank you!

i have been reading others post and to be honest my expectations are very low and my needs are near non existant compared to everyone else's.

so if it turns on, plays music, and the navigation works, then im happy as  a fiddle. everything else is just topping on the cake.

i have a little time today. so i will do the install in half sessions.

the first session is the head unit, sirius xm satellite, usb extensions, gps antenna, and and android adapter.

second session for anther time is amp, speakers, and proper wiring for power to amp and speakers.

wish i had more time but i dont half ass installs.

I got my 8000 installed today, he didn't have the ip5 cable but everything seems to be great so far, sounds great, looks great, pandora and aha work flawless through BT. I MUST say that just like someone else posted white roads on a sorta tan map background is retarded, street names written across the streets instead of in the streets is also pretty poor.

That would be my review of the 7000NEX that complained about the map colors.  Far worse, the map on my 7000NEX didn't zoom.  If you hit the map to zoom, you got a "select destination" screen with the map that would zoom; as soon as you hit the back button, it returned to the driving screen at the old zoom setting.  Does yours have this behavior as well?  Still haven't confirmed if my unit was defective or this was common to the other NEX models.

Mine also returns to the driving screen, I need to do a little more reading to see if it can be set. So far I haven't read about that yet. Sitting in my truck going through the manual on my ipad as I screw with it. The z2 I just replaced with this was able to set the zoom in/ out as much as I wanted. If I figure out how to do it I'll report back

If its any consolation, Pioneer opened a case regarding zoom on the 7000NEX.  They just left a voice mail saying it's supposed to work like that.  Apparently, its a "feature".  You can't zoom the map mode while driving!  IMHO, that's a fatal flaw.  I should post the voice mail text from Pioneer.  It's hilarious.

Ok so your able to change the color of the map itself to help see the streets better, I did that but I can't find where to set and keep the map zoomed to where I like it. It does the smart zoom no matter what I try. The only setting I see is viewpoint setting, I'll continue to play with it. It's a huge improvement over my old pioneer, running through menus are fast, response of what I select is fast and smooth. Very happy so far.

Not washed out but glare can be a killer.

I can't seem to find this avicsync app I tried using my iphone as wifi hotspot and the unit won't find it, or the wifi from my house for the connected services.

I'm a little baffled, I have downloaded avic feeds, and app radio, I'm wondering if I need the cable but the radio says that connected services uses wifi.

When you install yours, let me know if you were able to set up connected services. I don't have the ip5 cable and can't seem to get the unit connected to a wifi, whether it's my home or my phone wifi hotspot. So I'm wondering if you have to have the iphone cable in order to use these featuresand get it ,connected to wifi. I'm waiting on the cable myself. I don't think the 8000 connects directly to wifi as there is no mention of wifi capabilities or antennas. So I'm assuming when the phone is connected with the proper cable and connected to wifi, but who knows.