AVIC411.com

log: installation of the NEX8000, speakers, amp, and accessories by: 949

ZOOOM

wasnt the zoom feature new in this unit?

its supposed to mimic our cell phones.

try the TWO FINGER pinch and zoom method!

Tried that a ton of times.  Whatever I did, I couldn't get the driving map to hold a zoom setting, it always defaults back to the auto zoom level it was programmed for.   I'll relook at the NEX units once this "feature" has been fixed in a future firmware update.

Tried that a ton of times.  Whatever I did, I couldn't get the driving map to hold a zoom setting, it always defaults back to the auto zoom level it was programmed for.   I'll relook at the NEX units once this "feature" has been fixed in a future firmware update.

Multi gesturing might work better on the 8000 than it does with the 7000 because of the capacitance screen.

Ok, 8000 vs 7000 impressions: I used the 7000 a lot the last 4 days since we took it out of town, and I can tell you the 8000 is no doubt faster, just moving through sources and menus, and the Sirius album art loads instantly on the 8000 with no delay.  As for the screen, it is a lot nicer and more responsive, and I noticed the backlighting goes way up so Im hoping in the daylight it won't get as washed out as the 7000.

But Im calling Pioneer tomorrow and asking them whats up with the OBD II wires on my idatalink harness and why I have to look at a greyed out "My Vehicle" button when that was the reason I went with the NEX, I want my car data displayed.  

Oh, and for the dvd bypass, I couldn't get anything to work on the 7000, but I used installereric's bypass instructions here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38555-nex-bypass/&do=findComment&comment=276411 and it has worked great so far.

for the bypass. All I have to do is connect it to the ground and do the steps and im done??

I just grounded the green parking brake wire to an existing ground point on my steering column, then did the steps.  I drove down the road and everything was working.  With my 7000, I installed a $20 bypass and it worked the first small trip around the block but then every time after that when I was in drive it wouldn't work at all.

Were you able to get the connected services registered, mine is greyed out when I press activate to connect to a wifi signal. I'm just guessing but I think you have to have the phone cable hooked up which I don't have yet. Everything else is working through BT, traffic updates, pandora, aha, etc.

Ok, 8000 vs 7000 impressions: ...  As for the screen, it is a lot nicer and more responsive, and I noticed the backlighting goes way up so Im hoping in the daylight it won't get as washed out as the 7000.

Any more information on the screen brightness of the 8000 and washing out in daylight?  It sounds like the 8000 might be a nice unit but I'm still really worried about sunlight...

so i just turned it on with all the parts attached. it all seems to work.

i like the way the navi tells me im over the speed limit. it also knows how fast each street is suppoed to be.

these are all the items that work:

pandora.

sirius xm.

navigation.

cell phone connection.

cell phone charging.

netflix.

video from cell phone.

usb stick.

finished my first half of the installation. i guess ill be enjoying it for now with all the new features it comes with. the actual great sound will come shortly with upgrading the speakers.