AVIC411.com

Well..Im done. Pioneer are liars plain and simple.

Check out the product user review on the Crutchfield site for the 8000. This guy says the iDatalink worked in his 2013 Jeep........Bogus?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1308000NEX/Pioneer-AVIC-8000NEX.html?tp=20222#customer-reviews-tab

Funny thing is in the product description, Crutchfield says the iDatalink will not work until a firmware update is released this summer.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dose pioneer know about this fourm? If so, Why haven't they chimed in to set the record straight? I have the 8000 and this was one the features along with a couple more that's not working that cought my interest in spend the type of money I did for this unit. I have been a pioneer fan for a long time and I am very disappointed with them at this point.

Because there are only a few of you discussing this. Pioneer is a company that sells products to thousands, maybe even millions of people. And believe it or not, with the many thousands of members on this forum, we are only a very small fraction of Pioneer's customer base to the point that we really don't matter. The fact is, most people that buy these units will not even be aware of this feature and won't miss it. Most people that buy these units walk into a store not knowing what they will buy and walk out with these units and that is what Pioneer cares about. And they certainly know about this site. I have been on this forum sense 2006 and have owned every high end unit up until now and there have always been people that have asked that same question every year I have been here. Until they start getting tens of thousands of emails about the same issue nothing is going to change. And they won't be getting enough emails to address this issue even if they could or wanted to.

Because there are only a few of you discussing this. Pioneer is a company that sells products to thousands, maybe even millions of people. And believe it or not, with the many thousands of members on this forum, we are only a very small fraction of Pioneer's customer base to the point that we really don't matter. The fact is, most people that buy these units will not even be aware of this feature and won't miss it. Most people that buy these units walk into a store not knowing what they will buy and walk out with these units and that is what Pioneer cares about. And they certainly know about this site. I have been on this forum sense 2006 and have owned every high end unit up until now and there have always been people that have asked that same question every year I have been here. Until they start getting tens of thousands of emails about the same issue nothing is going to change. And they won't be getting enough emails to address this issue even if they could or wanted to.

All of that is true.

What is also true is that there aren't many forums where end product users can post their likes, dislikes, workarounds and ideas, particularly for fairly niche products such as higher end car audio equipment. You'd think that in an era of survey driven customer satisfaction, a forum such as this would be a gold mine for a company such as Pioneer.

I wouldn't think they'd need to take it to the level of Cadillac, who seemingly have customer service representatives actively monitoring the forum and stand ready to assist with just about any issue, but I think Pioneer is missing the boat by ignoring their customers, too.

Then again, Kenwood either couldn't get it right or simply ignored their customers for years about how slow their high end head units were, so this might be an industry wide problem.

• 2 weeks later...

These two companies have one thing in common, they're both Japanese companies and that is the problem. This is all to common among companies like this.

Huh? ADS is a Canadian compnay. Piuoneer put an update on their website.

iDataLink_Logo.jpg     

IDATALINK MAESTRO

Keep your factory features and expand your level of in-vehicle connectivity with Pioneer NEX and iDatalink Maestro RR. When the AVIC-8000NEX receiver is installed into a compatible vehicle using the iDatalink Maestro RR (sold separately), you’ll be able to enjoy the performance and features of the AVIC-8000NEX plus touchscreen control over key factory audio features. The AVIC-8000NEX supports factory functions via the iDatalink Maestro RR including: Steering Wheel Controls, Media Player (including the factory aux-in and USB ports), Hands-Free Telephone, Voice Commands, Satellite Radio, Premium Audio, and Secondary Display Support.

The AVIC-8000NEX will need to have a firmware update (available early summer) applied to provide compatibility with Maestro RR.

Not to beat a dead horse here.  Pioneer may be having problems working with idatalink but they are light years ahead of Alpine and Kenwood with smart phone connectivity.  If Idatalink really intends on keeping up with PAC and Metra they will get a solution to the problem.  Be patient, they will figure it out.

Not to beat a dead horse here.  Pioneer may be having problems working with idatalink but they are light years ahead of Alpine and Kenwood with smart phone connectivity.  If Idatalink really intends on keeping up with PAC and Metra they will get a solution to the problem.  Be patient, they will figure it out.

I agree, I can get vehicle info from the vehicle so this is a nice option to have but not a deal breaker for me with everything else the 8000 offer

Well said.

I agree, I can get vehicle info from the vehicle so this is a nice option to have but not a deal breaker for me with everything else the 8000 offer

Exactly. The 8000 does more than enough.... Very satisfied with the unit. In addition I've looked a several consumer responses from the Alpine units and they're mostly negative.... The features lacking on their Alpine units are readily accessible with the 8000... I'd rather have navi, great sound quality, iPod/iPhone video functionality over vehicle info any day of the week.....

Exactly. The 8000 does more than enough.... Very satisfied with the unit. In addition I've looked a several consumer responses from the Alpine units and they're mostly negative.... The features lacking on their Alpine units are readily accessible with the 8000... I'd rather have navi, great sound quality, iPod/iPhone video functionality over vehicle info any day of the week.....

My factory vehicle nav cam with vehicle info on the unit. But i had to manually enter the oil changes and stuff. real annoying. Dont care much for it besides theres also Dash Command that does pretty much the same except climate control.

iDataLink_Logo.jpg     

IDATALINK MAESTRO

Keep your factory features and expand your level of in-vehicle connectivity with Pioneer NEX and iDatalink Maestro RR. When the AVIC-8000NEX receiver is installed into a compatible vehicle using the iDatalink Maestro RR (sold separately), you’ll be able to enjoy the performance and features of the AVIC-8000NEX plus touchscreen control over key factory audio features. The AVIC-8000NEX supports factory functions via the iDatalink Maestro RR including: Steering Wheel Controls, Media Player (including the factory aux-in and USB ports), Hands-Free Telephone, Voice Commands, Satellite Radio, Premium Audio, and Secondary Display Support.

The AVIC-8000NEX will need to have a firmware update (available early summer) applied to provide compatibility with Maestro RR.

So up until now you have made claims that this will never happen. So how do you explain this in reference to your previous claims?

Guys I owe you an apology. Pioneer will not have the full features like Alpine and Kenwood.

2014 NEX models – AVIC-8000NEX,  AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-5000NEX, AVH-4000NEX.  These units will be compatible with all of our solutions to retain factory systems (except our Mustang dash kit), but they do not have gauges, climate control (this is why you can’t use the MUS1), vehicle info or parking assist screens.

Brian Murphy

As I said here. Pioneer does not intend on covering Gauges with the new NEX radios. What I have said has not changed. As of right now the only thing you can do with a Rr and a NEX radio is analog steering wheel controls. No sync retention. The update that is coming from Pioneer will allow the 4 pin idatalink cable to do steering wheel controls and other data commounication between the Rr and the Pioneer radio. IT STILL WILL NOT DO GAUGES. As I have said multiple times, Pioneer choose dot to support gauges.

The AVIC-8000NEX supports factory functions via the iDatalink Maestro RR including: Steering Wheel Controls, Media Player (including the factory aux-in and USB ports), Hands-Free Telephone, Voice Commands, Satellite Radio, Premium Audio, and Secondary Display Support.