AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-7000NEX vs Sony XAV-712HD

Hi, I am ready to purchase a new head unit and I have access to both of these units, I have always been a Pioneer fan and have owned many over the years but have reading a lot of negatives on this new unit, does anyone know how the Sony stacks up against the Pioneer, I understand that the Sony needs an add on Nav piece but it does use TomTom so right there I am thinking that is a plus.  I will be using this with an iPhone 5 and plan to stick with Apple phones in the future.  I actually installed an App radio 3 and hated it so it went back, this makes me think that the App mode will suck on this also. I would have no problem using a large SD card or an iPod classic to store music if it isn't a disaster to change going from the phone to the iPod. I'm hoping for some input quick as I want to get this done ASAP

Thanks, RWI

I looked through the specs and don't see a mention of Siri although they might label it differently.  One thing I found out today is the the Sony nav adaptor uses one of the usb ports so there would only be 1 usable not that that is a deal breaker for me.  I really wish I could get my hands on the Sony to try in person but I haven't found anyone local that has a display.  Looking though the info I could find it seems that the home screen is scrolled through by touch and I really wonder if I would like that, it looks as if it might be difficult to operate while driving but again I haven't been able to try one.  If anyone can provide me with additional info on either unit it would be much appreciated as I would like to get one or the other within the next few days...