AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 is in my hands!!!

No sticker there. HOWEVER, the product sticker (containing the model and serial number) seems to be covering a hole or gap in the unit, feels like it's about the size of one of my middle fingernails. I have no idea what could be under there.

Let the speculating begin....

About the MAP DVD's, nothing special here, just 2 red discs with the word DVD on it. Says Navigation Disc for AVIC-D3 Version 1.0. There is a West Disc and an East Disc and contains data for USA and Canada.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the MAP DVD's, nothing special here, just 2 red discs with the word DVD on it. Says Navigation Disc for AVIC-D3 Version 1.0. There is a West Disc and an East Disc and contains data for USA and Canada.

Burn me a copy. I will pay. Then share it on bittorrent.

after seeing in your sig the Avox Video Jukebox, i picked one up on newegg to use on my d2. let me just say this thing is awesome.

so whether you knew or not, you influenced me to get this thing

And to think, way back in high school, I was always told I was a bad influence on people! LOL Thanks for the props.

I love the thing also. I have hundreds of music videos, thousands of mp3's and still going! LOL Where do you have it placed? do you have it hidden anywhere? I have mine in my glovebox, and purchased the infrared extender and wired it behind the dash, and it pops out right under the radio by the climate controls. hardly noticeable!

Hmm...I got word the D3 Harness does not have the magic empty pin.

Hmmm...I think it may be worth it to check under the serial code sticker when I get mine. I'll just hair dry the shit out of it...hopefully it comes off with no problem.

If theres nothing there....this might be a tough one to bypass.

after seeing in your sig the Avox Video Jukebox, i picked one up on newegg to use on my d2. let me just say this thing is awesome.

so whether you knew or not, you influenced me to get this thing

And to think, way back in high school, I was always told I was a bad influence on people! LOL Thanks for the props.

I love the thing also. I have hundreds of music videos, thousands of mp3's and still going! LOL Where do you have it placed? do you have it hidden anywhere? I have mine in my glovebox, and purchased the infrared extender and wired it behind the dash, and it pops out right under the radio by the climate controls. hardly noticeable!

where can u get the IR extender at? would any IR blaster work? I might have to take a ride to radio shack tonight.

mine is in my arm rest. theres a cig lighter in there for power, and ran the video cable up thru the molding to the screen.. getting an IR extender for that would be nice

Unfortunately no, not any IR extender will work. This is where I bought mine:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... -rmt-extir

On the other boards, people have said that the IR extenders that come with mobile Myron Davis dvd players work also, so if you know an installer, ask if he/she has an extra laying around the shop!

I am thinking I may move to the armrest also. Would be easy since it is just a matter of rerouting the wires.

Unfortunately no, not any IR extender will work. This is where I bought mine:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... -rmt-extir

On the other boards, people have said that the IR extenders that come with mobile Myron Davis dvd players work also, so if you know an installer, ask if he/she has an extra laying around the shop!

I am thinking I may move to the armrest also. Would be easy since it is just a matter of rerouting the wires.

i'll have to consider it.. $27 plus shipping is kinda pricey for that.. thanks for the heads up tho