AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 is in my hands!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sorry it took so long. Had a few complications like I didn't have an adapter to hook up my stock antenna which I wasn't aware that I needed so I had to find a local shop that carried it, also Crutchfield had sent me the wrong harness for my vehicle.

Also, looks like I've gotta open my console back up to apply the bypass since they figured it out, I will probably do that this morning!

I haven't done any of that yet. I haven't attached the parking brake wire yet so the features available were limited. I finished the install minutes before I had to leave for some obligations yesterday, and was pretty much busy for the remainder of the day. I should have plenty of time today to finish the work and fully test the unit..

So far on my to do list, I will be testing DVD Playback, divx/xvid playback, navigation, xm radio capabilities... I'll try and get an mp3 dvd burned and maybe copy some background pics as well so I can try that functionality as well.

Hey Manny, I hope you don't mind, I posted your video on youtube to show at my car forum. If you do, I have no problem taking it down. Thanks for the review, mine is being installed on tuesday. Can't wait.

No problem. Hope you like your new d3 unit!

Thanks for the vid man. I cant wait to get mine! By chance, can you scroll through your lists using the bar in the middle, like hold and scroll up or down?

You can't use the bar in the middle which kinda sucks, I have 22 pages worth of artists on my library list. However, you can hold the page down button to quickly skip to the page you want, however as it is skipping it doesn't show you the artists you are skipping through. So you'd have to know whereabouts which page to stop on. It would have been nice if it at least gave the letter of the alphabet you were in.