AVIC411.com

How bright are the NEX screens in daylight? (compared to X8500BHS, etc)

Unfortunately the dashboard in my car is setup in such a way where sunlight directly shines on the car stereo so on a bright and sunny day, most car stereo screens get completely washed out.

I've tried last year's AVH-X8500BHS and it was not very bright.  For some reason, the Kenwood's are MUCH brighter but I'm a bigger fan of Pioneer so I'm wondering if the new AVIC-4000NEX has a brighter screen than the X8500BHS.

Has anybody compared them?

Thanks for the information!  I'm extremely curious to know what you find out.

Have you tested Kenwood units or the AppRadio3?  If so, how does the 7000 compare?

I'm not sure why, but Kenwood units are much, much brighter from what I've seen but I really want a Pioneer unit...  I'm debating between the AVIC-4000NEX, AppRadio 3, or a Kenwood.  The screen brightness is a huge factor for me...

The screen on my 7000NEX washed out completely in both direct sunlight and strong indirect.   I hope the 8000NEX screen is better in this regard.  

FYI, I deinstalled my 7000NEX (due to this and other problems such as inability to zoom the map screen during normal driving) and installed a Kenwood DNX891HD.  That screen was far better than the 7000NEX; it didn't nearly wash out as much in indirect light.

Are you still using the DNX891HD?  You said that screen was better (past tense) so I'm wondering if you exchanged it for something else.

Right now I have an AppRadio 3 at home and a DNX891HD.  AppRadio 3 with "AR Unchained" (full phone mirroring) with my Android phone is fantastic, but there are a LOT more things that can go wrong, and I still think the AR3 screen isn't as bright as the DNX891HD.

The DNX891HD has a new multi-processor (new for Kenwood 2014) but I still find the interface and GPS to be awfully slow, but it does have an extremely bright screen, reverse tilt angle, AND built-in Garmin navigation.  I'm still torn between the AR3 and DNX891HD, but I'd also like to hear about the 8000NEX and perhaps even the Kenwood DNN991HD.

I'm glad you guys told me about the 4000/7000NEX though.  I'll cross them off my list.