AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX before/after installation

Hello,

My installation appointment is tomorrow! I will post pics of how the dash currently looks, prior to the upgrade to the almighty 8000NEX...

Behold the ugliness of all those buttons/knobs, and the retro CD-Changer on the glove box. Yes, that is in fact a cd changer, not a DVD changer...

post-113829-0-39724800-1396382582_thumb.jpg

post-113829-0-97330200-1396382609_thumb.jpg

post-113829-0-72363100-1396382619_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car's in the shop! I told them that if they can't get the steering wheel controls to work, put it back together, deal's off...otherwise proceed! They're using an interface module made by PAC Audio for Audi's, the RP4-AD11. Fingers crossed!

Maestro won't work with Audi (yet). They have just verified buttons are working as they should, so I gave them the go-ahead.

In the future, should Maestro work with Audi after a firmware update....I'm changing!

Here is the end result of yesterday's installation. It looks significantly better than Audi's stock nav radio (also a lot less buggy, believe it or not).

I also included a photo of the backup cam. Behold it's tininess!

post-113829-0-23480100-1396527752_thumb.jpg

post-113829-0-64367800-1396527769_thumb.jpg

i just test drove the new A3 sedan. cant wait to see the s3 for america in a few months.

all the new cars coming out now have thier own dedicated navi system which will make upgrading in the future near impossible.

Can't say that I know.

I am having some issues however, with the steering wheel control module.  There are some flaw here and there (nothing major), so I have to ask.....if I were to look into a Maestro SW module, how would I get that to work, if my car is not listed on their website?