AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​MOD NOTE!!! This will be the official bypass thread for the NEX series. Please follow these directions to the letter to achieve the proper bypass.

Did some research on the new NEX 8000. By useing the old pioneer quadrant technology you can bypass the in motion safety shutdown.

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

Enjoy Safely ;)

Thanks a bunch for this trick. It worked perfectly on my 8000. It even cleared that EULA screen when I tried to use the NAVI. My advice to anyone using this device make sure you follow this setup very carefully. If the parking brake bypass isn't working you won't be able to use the NAVI, the Appradio function, the HDMI feature, anything.

Most likely. Pioneer units have no memory retention if the battery is disconnected.

Not sure if anyone answered this question. Yes the disable still works after disconnecting the battery. I have tried a few times and have resetted the unit a few times. The parking break bypass will still be enabled. Maybe it the battery is disconnected for a extensive amount then maybe.

AVH uses the micro bypass or a double pulse relay switch. Remember unit doesnt have NAV to see if the vehicle is in motion'

Yeah I understand all of that but that wasn't my question. Regardless Ive edited the title to get the point across to 4000 users.

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Quick question. I did a bypass on an AVIC D3 back in 2008 and don't remember exactly how you do this. Do you come straight off of the HU's harness and ground it or do you connect the green parking ground wire to the adaptor harness and then ground it? I'm leaning towards just grounding the green from the HU.

Thanks in advance!

Quick question. I did a bypass on an AVIC D3 back in 2008 and don't remember exactly how you do this. Do you come straight off of the HU's harness and ground it or do you connect the green parking ground wire to the adaptor harness and then ground it? I'm leaning towards just grounding the green from the HU.

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't matter, just ground the wire.

Again, my appologies - but do you mean the parking break wire coming from the wiring harness coming from the head unit?  Thanks.

Mark

Yes. Ground the parking brake lead from the head unit. If you were to hook up the parking brake lead as instructed by Pioneer, it would be grounded whenever you engage the parking brake.

One wonders why Pioneer goes through the exercise of requiring it if they provide a software bypass.