AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed a new AVIC-6000NEX and the 1.08 update was already uploaded. The emergency brake wire is firmly attached the a good ground. I tried the bypass trick several times and it did not work. Should the bypass work with the 1.08 update? Thanks for any help provided!

I received my new AVIC-8100NEX yesterday and completed the install into my 2013 Nissan Xterra in a few hours.  I also purchased a $15 item from Amazon which said it would allow the Parking Brake Override feature for in motion video.  Here is the link.

The three wires (black, blue and green) from this add-on device were soldered to the appropriate wires on the AVIC wiring harness.  Black to black (AVIC), blue to the blue/white (system remote control on AVIC) and green to the green wire (parking brake on AVIC).

Once the install was complete, I attempted to use the HDMI video source while in motion, I receive a warning on the screen concerning using video from the front seats while in motion is strictly prohibited.  Using the tutorial in the following link, I implemented the steps.  I tested the same HDMI video source during motion and it worked flawlessly.  I'm very happy!

Good luck!

So what are you saying? You wasted you're money on the thing from Amazon?

Not sure...had I tried the screen technique before buying and installing the Amazon part I could tell you. It doesn't really matter to me at this point. Spending $15 rather than taking apart my dash twice seems worth the investment in hindsight.

I just installed a new AVIC-6000NEX and the 1.08 update was already uploaded. The emergency brake wire is firmly attached the a good ground. I tried the bypass trick several times and it did not work. Should the bypass work with the 1.08 update? Thanks for any help provided!

After trying about a dozen times the bypass worked!

​MOD NOTE!!! This will be the official bypass thread for the AVIC NEX series. Please follow these directions to the letter to achieve the proper bypass.

Did some research on the new NEX 8000. By useing the old pioneer quadrant technology you can bypass the in motion safety shutdown.

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

Enjoy Safely ;)

Just confirming that this trick worked on my 8000NEX the first time..

I think i grounded it right... I connected the Light Green wire from the back of the Head Unit to the Light Green wire that was on My iDataLink Maestro CH1 harness.. (I believe this ties into the factory Ground wire that is in the Vehicle's main Harness ('14 Jeep Wrangler JKU))

Thanks OP!

My one question is that, Can I disable the warnings you get when you start CarPlay or the Map modes every time?

Can someone help me out? I got stuck with my exgirlfriend's truck and stereo system(AVIC 6000 NEX) I started the truck and the unit is requiring a password and also gives me a hint on the screen(hint is Oit)whever that is. I dont have such password and the ex is not very helpful. The people who installed the system suggested I shipped back to Pioneer and they can reset it for me(200 bucks later). Any ideas? Highly appreciated it