AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

Confirmed that this works on an 8100NEX. Great to see; this factored into my decision to actually buy this head unit.

All I did was hook a T-Tap into the PIoneer wire harness ground, then connected the Pioneer wire harness to it. Then followed the "SET ON" procedure.

(and btw, I'm in the US, lol.)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys;

I have attempted the soft parking break bypass on the 8100NEX. The bypass worked fine until I have upgraded the firmware to 1.03 for Android Auto. I have re soft bypassed after the firmware upgrade and still received the error message. Anyone having the same issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Based on some of the Android Auto issues I'm having, I'm almost wondering if on NEX unit you even need to ground the parking brake. I am 100% certain that wire is grounded, and the SET ON/OFF works accordingly as described.

You do not need to ground the parking brake. The bypass is software only.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed my 6100NEX and it works great, I did the video bypass. I did not ground the parking brake wire. Video plays fine while driving. My problem is I get a warning screen on power up which I have to select "OK" to get the home screen. Is there any way to get rid of this warning? Thank you.

post-131005-0-61072000-1434568739_thumb.jpg

Just installed my 6100' grounded the parking brake wire to the black ground wire from the H/U. Will attempt to find the sweet spot for the software bypass in the morning.

You are likely to start seeing errors from the parking brake not being hooked up correctly. The bypass is software only, and works with the brake wire correctly connected.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, confirmed on my 6000NEX that only the following steps are required....

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

No need to ground the parking brake... Yeah.... TY OP....