AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a new 2016 avic 6100 nex and it wont bypass and menu bar is on side not on bottom like in viedo 

I have the same radio and I have had the same issue with the software bypass not working for me. That is because the placement of your finger in the lower left quadrant is wrong. It is not a half inch up, half inch out. Put your finger in the bottom left corner of the screen, like IN the corner of the screen and count SLOWLY TO 15. It will say "set on" before you reach 10.

To find the menu on the 6100 you just press the button (on the left side) that is different from all the rest. It is in the very center of all of the button. It is silver I think and has four little boxes. Then in the bottom right corner you will see "AV", press that. On the next page you should see, at the very bottom near center of screen, "OFF". Press that. Then follow the instructions above.

Just as a side note. I have read through every post, on every page of this thread and it wasn't until I searched "6100NEX" on this forum was I able to discover a thread from a member with a similar issue, with the same unit, and a member that made a post about the proper placement of your finger in the lower-left quadrant. The guy who posted this discovery should be given an award, however, someone decided to make him feel like crap and a "know it all".

I have tried for weeks to get Set On to come up. I went so far as to pulling my radio BACK out, extending the lite green parking brake wire and mounting to various known ground locations, soldering into radio ground, and even (don't recommend this) punching it lol. This entire time all I was doing wrong was putting my finger in the wrong place. That explains why the wife doesn't let me touch her anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I Installed a AVIC 6100NEX last Friday in my 2015 Subaru WRX.  The install went fine, very happy with the unit.  I knew about the AVIC software bypass, but I purchased a triple pulse bypass from a EBAY retailer with a very high feedback score just to cover all my bases.  This bypass was wired as instructed, Green to AVIC green parking brake wire, Black to Ground, blue to blue/white AVIC System remote control wire.  All connections soldered, shrink wrapped, continuity tested, etc.  On first power up I initiated the AVIC software bypass, which worked as people have described , AV off, press lower left corner of AVIC screen  for 15+ seconds- "Set on" message appears.  Can do all functions and watch DVD's while driving.  Have had periodic "Detected parking brake wire not properly installed" message at least once a day.  I did an experiment today.  I turned off the software bypass and noticed while driving, many of the Nav functions are greyed out, some of the Settings menu items were also greyed out, for example picture adjustment.  The interesting thing is, when you come to a complete stop these greyed out menu items turn white and can be used irregardless of setting the e-Brake.  When you start to move, they grey out again.  I am not sure if I have a defective triple bypass chip, or the AVIC knows you are moving and would override any hardware bypass unit.  In any case I will continue to use the software bypass.  I am going to email the seller of the bypass for his feedback and insight, and will share with you all.  Has any one else experienced this behavior on their AVIC? I wish I could get rid of the parking brake wiring problem message.  I know I could actually wire the Parking brake wire as instructed by Pioneer, but it seems the AVIC senses when the car is moving irregardless of the Parking brake status.

I Installed a AVIC 6100NEX last Friday in my 2015 Subaru WRX.  The install went fine, very happy with the unit.  I knew about the AVIC software bypass, but I purchased a triple pulse bypass from a EBAY retailer with a very high feedback score just to cover all my bases.  This bypass was wired as instructed, Green to AVIC green parking brake wire, Black to Ground, blue to blue/white AVIC System remote control wire.  All connections soldered, shrink wrapped, continuity tested, etc.  On first power up I initiated the AVIC software bypass, which worked as people have described , AV off, press lower left corner of AVIC screen  for 15+ seconds- "Set on" message appears.  Can do all functions and watch DVD's while driving.  Have had periodic "Detected parking brake wire not properly installed" message at least once a day.  I did an experiment today.  I turned off the software bypass and noticed while driving, many of the Nav functions are greyed out, some of the Settings menu items were also greyed out, for example picture adjustment.  The interesting thing is, when you come to a complete stop these greyed out menu items turn white and can be used irregardless of setting the e-Brake.  When you start to move, they grey out again.  I am not sure if I have a defective triple bypass chip, or the AVIC knows you are moving and would override any hardware bypass unit.  In any case I will continue to use the software bypass.  I am going to email the seller of the bypass for his feedback and insight, and will share with you all.  Has any one else experienced this behavior on their AVIC? I wish I could get rid of the parking brake wiring problem message.  I know I could actually wire the Parking brake wire as instructed by Pioneer, but it seems the AVIC senses when the car is moving irregardless of the Parking brake status.

Install the unit with the parking wire and remove the bypass, software bypass and enjoy. Why are you trying to fight what's already working.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Worked on my new NEX8200 without grounding the brake wire!!!

So you're saying to:

Step 1 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 2 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 3 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 4 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

I'm getting an 8200 next week and want to make sure I can set it up without problems. Thanks in advance.

So you're saying to:

Step 1 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 2 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 3 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 4 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

I'm getting an 8200 next week and want to make sure I can set it up without problems. Thanks in advance.

Likewise - having an 8200NEX installed this week as well. I should have tried this with the in-store demo...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought an AVIC-8200NEX yesterday from a local shop.  They did the install (charged $175, which I think is ridiculous but that's another story).  When they announced it was done the sales guy gave me a quick runthough.  We paired my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) that I had already installed Android Auto on (latest version).  Unfortunately the sales guy was so busy being cool (let's check out this bad boy, bro!), that he couldn't wait to get rid of me, and we never checked actual operation of Android Auto.

Anyway I discovered after making the 50 mile drive back home, I can't get Android Auto setup to run.  As soon as I plug my phone into the USB extender, AA starts up on the phone and the head unit display goes black with this message:

To use Android Auto, please stop your car and check your Android phone.

The phone changes to a red screen with a P on a signpost and says:

STOP

Android Auto will resume when your car’s parked. Already parked? Engage the parking brake.

EXIT

Sounds like the whole parking brake thing is not working right.  However, although the installer says he did not hook up the green parking brake wire, it should work with the soft bypass.  I have verified that the soft bypass is on, and have even switched it off and back on.  Tried three different USB cables including the one that came with the phone.

AA setup on the phone itself says it has not paired with any autos.  Bluetooth audio from the phone works through the head unit though, so I assume the BT link itself is fine. Nonetheless I told it to forget any paired autos and went through the setup again.  Time after time, I get the same two error messages above every single time I plug the phone in.  If I dismiss the one on the phone, then AA works, but only on the phone.  The HU shows an APPS button in the upper left corner, although SOMETIMES it shows the AA icon there instead, but when I touch it it goes into the same two errors again.

The tech swears he plugged the USB extender into USB2 (but I bet he didn't, since they never even asked me what kind of phone I have before the install... I bet they assumed iPhone and used USB1).  

I can't see how to get to the back of the HU... it is a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500, and I can't reach my arm up there and have no clue how to get the unit out of the dash, so since I have to work today through Sunday, best they can do is have me drive the 100 mile round trip and they will get it working.  Pretty upsetting considering it was $1550 out the door yesterday and AA was obviously never even tested.

To use Android Auto, please stop your car and check your Android phone.

The phone changes to a red screen with a P on a signpost and says:

STOP

Android Auto will resume when your car’s parked. Already parked? Engage the parking brake.

EXIT

Sounds like the whole parking brake thing is not working right.  However, although the installer says he did not hook up the green parking brake wire, it should work with the soft bypass.  I have verified that the soft bypass is on, and have even switched it off and back on.  Tried three different USB cables including the one that came with the phone.

You will need to ground the parking brake wire for Android Auto to configure itself, even with the soft bypass.  I just got through dealing with this same issue on a 8100 NEX.  This wasn't something that was necessary before this last update of Android Auto or maybe it was the update of google.play.services.  Once configured AA seems to work without regard to the parking brake signal.