AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

I've had a 4400NEX installed for about 7 months.  Setup with the touchscreen bypass on firmware 1.01.  Able to watch DVD fine in motion.  Can anyone confirm whether or not the new firmware (1.02) will change that?  The new version claims to fix my steering wheel buttons in AA (which is my only real complaint), but I am hesitant to update...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone! Though I'm a long-time avid reader, I'm new to posting on the AVIC411 forums and I'm so impressed that this 5+ year-old thread is still alive and well, while it continues to be such a source of knowledge, comfort, and inspiration to so many, including myself.

First, I can confirm that this bypass is working perfectly on an 8200NEX (firmware 1.08) with Maestro RR and "proper" wire installation (parking brake wire from harness connected to parking brake wire from Maestro; not grounded). No warning signs about improper parking brake wire install at all. Both Carplay and Android Auto (henceforth "AA") working fine.

I recently switched to a W8500NEX, updated to latest firmware (1.03), still with Maestro RR, installed exactly the same way as the 8200NEX. Bypass is still working fine. However, I'm having an issue with AA being stuck on the warning screen about stopping your vehicle and/or applying parking brake (phone: Pixel 3 XL). I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this issue? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that AA required the parking brake wire to be grounded, can anyone confirm this? I had it working fine on my 8200NEX without grounding, so I'm a bit skeptical with that solution. I'm also wary that people who chose to ground their parking brake wire have gotten the intermittent warning about improper wire installation. Does anyone have a W8500NEX (or even a W8400NEX) and have AA working (wired or wireless)? If so, do you recommend I ground my parking brake wire?

Thanks in advance for all your gracious time and insightful information.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

New here and soon to be owner of the AVIC-W8500NEX (well my wife will be at least).  I wanted to ask a quick question regarding the on-screen process vs. a mini-bypass device.  What are the pro's and con's of either or?  I'm tempted to go the device route since I already have one and for rest assurance.  Anyone have any opinions about this?

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 6:03 AM, sampark1980 said:

Hello everyone! Though I'm a long-time avid reader, I'm new to posting on the AVIC411 forums and I'm so impressed that this 5+ year-old thread is still alive and well, while it continues to be such a source of knowledge, comfort, and inspiration to so many, including myself.

First, I can confirm that this bypass is working perfectly on an 8200NEX (firmware 1.08) with Maestro RR and "proper" wire installation (parking brake wire from harness connected to parking brake wire from Maestro; not grounded). No warning signs about improper parking brake wire install at all. Both Carplay and Android Auto (henceforth "AA") working fine.

I recently switched to a W8500NEX, updated to latest firmware (1.03), still with Maestro RR, installed exactly the same way as the 8200NEX. Bypass is still working fine. However, I'm having an issue with AA being stuck on the warning screen about stopping your vehicle and/or applying parking brake (phone: Pixel 3 XL). I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this issue? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that AA required the parking brake wire to be grounded, can anyone confirm this? I had it working fine on my 8200NEX without grounding, so I'm a bit skeptical with that solution. I'm also wary that people who chose to ground their parking brake wire have gotten the intermittent warning about improper wire installation. Does anyone have a W8500NEX (or even a W8400NEX) and have AA working (wired or wireless)? If so, do you recommend I ground my parking brake wire?

Thanks in advance for all your gracious time and insightful inormation.

anyone have an answer to this? i am about to do an install of the 8500 and would like to use AA while in motion. i do not want the improper wire installation pop up. that would drive me batty. i am leaning toward wiring up the p-brake wire "properly" and not grounding it to avoid the error message.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 8:51 PM, mapotter99 said:

Anyone have any inside information for how to bypass the new NEX models (DMH-WT7600NEX and DMH-WT8600NEX) with the new software?

The old trick doesn’t work.  

Same! I have the 8600, trick won’t work. Having a hard time getting video in motion. 

On 6/14/2020 at 11:51 PM, mapotter99 said:

Anyone have any inside information for how to bypass the new NEX models (DMH-WT7600NEX and DMH-WT8600NEX) with the new software?

The old trick doesn’t work.  

Hi. After many hours of screen presses, I figured it out. The Pioneer DMH-W and DMH-WT models have a special hidden menu bypass requirement. No interface bypass is required, but you can leave it connected if it is already installed. Dean and Fernando at Five Star Audio made a video of it on the tubes if you’d rather see it than read it. Here is how to do it: 
1. Update the firmware to 1.13 
2. Enable the hidden menu bypass by sourcing the radio off (source off, not power off). 
3. Press and hold the bottom left corner of the screen for exactly 10 seconds (use a stopwatch as timing is critical). 
4. Within 1 second, press and hold the bottom right corner (to the immediate left of bluetooth icon) for 10-12 seconds until a small “set on” icon will appear (in the bottom middle of the screen) confirming the bypass has been activated. 
5. If you do not get it the first time, cycle the ignition off and back on and start over. 
6. If you need to reverse this process, reset the radio.

11 hours ago, MB01 said:

Hi. After many hours of screen presses, I figured it out. The Pioneer DMH-W and DMH-WT models have a special hidden menu bypass requirement. No interface bypass is required, but you can leave it connected if it is already installed. Dean and Fernando at Five Star Audio made a video of it on the tubes if you’d rather see it than read it. Here is how to do it: 
1. Update the firmware to 1.13 
2. Enable the hidden menu bypass by sourcing the radio off (source off, not power off). 
3. Press and hold the bottom left corner of the screen for exactly 10 seconds (use a stopwatch as timing is critical). 
4. Within 1 second, press and hold the bottom right corner (to the immediate left of bluetooth icon) for 10-12 seconds until a small “set on” icon will appear (in the bottom middle of the screen) confirming the bypass has been activated. 
5. If you do not get it the first time, cycle the ignition off and back on and start over. 
6. If you need to reverse this process, reset the radio.

THANK YOU!!!  You just made several people very happy!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

And yet another option that is low cost that I use on my AVH-x5600 is a single pole double throw rocker switch.

Wire the green from the HU to the center terminal, and ground wire to either of the other 2 terminals.

Mount switch in inconspicuous place with easy access. After HU is powered flip the switch off then on.

Viola, tricks the HU into thinking the Pbrake is on.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, dartholds442 said:

And yet another option that is low cost that I use on my AVH-x5600 is a single pole double throw rocker switch.

Wire the green from the HU to the center terminal, and ground wire to either of the other 2 terminals.

Mount switch in inconspicuous place with easy access. After HU is powered flip the switch off then on.

Viola, tricks the HU into thinking the Pbrake is on.

I used the DIYBypass wire with chip.  It auto grounds each time you power up.  So far so good.

http://www.diybypass.com/instructions2.html