AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody had the "Parking brake wired incorrectly" message appear even after wiring the bypass?

I'm using the 8000NEX and have had it happen twice, both times after turning off the car to fill it with gas, and then turning it back on it.

I've soldered the parking brake wire to ground and used heat-shrink tubing to prevent shorts so I know it's wired correctly and securely.

Not a big deal, but it's still weird that I still see the message (albeit very rarely)

This just happened to me for the first time, and it was immediately after filling gas. I stopped, shut my car off, restarted and everything was normal. Had my 8000nex installed last Thursday, so I'm obviously new to the game. I asked the installer to ground the parking wire, but since I didn't witness it being grounded I have no idea what he actually did aside from the software bypass.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the following message on my 8000 every time I start the car: "System detected improper connection of Parking Brake lead.  Please check your configuration for safety.  Please see Operation Manual for more information regarding safe operation."  (see attached image)  I didn't get this at first after doing the bypass - I carefully wired the thing following directions on this forum.  Is it possible the splice has opened up?  After getting this message none of the bypass stuff works (ie video while driving, keypad for phone while driving, etc).  Any other thoughts on what's causing this before I open everything up again?

post-119767-0-91549200-1412281351_thumb.jpg

Hi

I'm new owner of AVIC F960BT EU version. Will have my unit installed next week.

I have a question about bypassing - do I have to change mute wires and ground brake cable to radio chassis? 

Or mute wires swapping isn't necessary?

Is it necessary to somehow hack the unit and edit the ini file?

Unfortunately this procedure does not work with the EU version of the 8000, the AVIC-F60DAB. I tried it several times but no luck. Any ideas or other experiences wit EU versions?

I've just installed the radio without test drive.. maybe the bypass is not needed for EU versions. I'll try tomorrow.

UPDATE: There's really no need for any manual input mentioned in post #1 for the AVIC-F60DAB unit. Only ground the parking brake.. that's it!

VBLUE42 - you are right, sorry, somehow I missed this "Update" info

In this case I'll just ground parking break wire to ground wire on avic harness. 

I'll post later if it worked for me too

I read in the Carplay thread that the bypass still worked with the new carplay-enabled firmware.

Can anyone else confirm in addition to that one poster?  and assuming so, after you do the firmware upgrade, do you need to go through the process again (AV off, hold the screen etc)?

The bypass still works!!!

I read in the Carplay thread that the bypass still worked with the new carplay-enabled firmware.

Can anyone else confirm in addition to that one poster? and assuming so, after you do the firmware upgrade, do you need to go through the process again (AV off, hold the screen etc)?

I know you are looking for confirmation from another person, but I will say that I did NOT have to go through the process again. The bypass state was still in tact after installing firmware 1.06.

Can anyone else confirm in addition to that one poster?  and assuming so, after you do the firmware upgrade, do you need to go through the process again (AV off, hold the screen etc)?

The bypass continues to work for me after the update.

• 2 weeks later...

​MOD NOTE!!! This will be the official bypass thread for the AVIC NEX series. Please follow these directions to the letter to achieve the proper bypass.

Did some research on the new NEX 8000. By useing the old pioneer quadrant technology you can bypass the in motion safety shutdown.

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

Enjoy Safely ;)

Is this just to be able to play video, or does this take care of the message talking about the parking brake when you use the Nav function?

I did this whole procedure on my 8000. It works almost perfectly. Before the bypass, the warning came up every time. After the bypass, once in a while, it pops up. "System detected that the parking brake wire has not been connected properly" Maybe it is expecting a change on the parking brake wire. Somehow, it knows I grounded the wire.

Now that 1.08 is out, the same question comes up again: Is the bypass still working in 1.08?   :)

Quoting myself, I took the plunge and have been running 1.08 and the bypass is still working.

My history is: bought the 7000 unit in August, shipped with 1.01.   Upgraded to 1.06 (bypass still worked, I did NOT have to redo the steps).  Upgraded to 1.08 (bypass still worked, I did not have to redo the steps).

And regarding Bobec's comment above, I've *never* received a warning about my parking brake wire not being hooked up properly.  I have the parking brake wire twisted with the radio ground wire and both of those connected to the harness adapter ground wire (using butt connectors, no soldering).  Been working flawlessly.