AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

I have an AVIC 8000NEX, and have the 1.08 firmware installed.  I performed the bypass process, and all works flawlessly.  I do have the parking brake wire properly wired to the foot pedal parking brake.  I installed it that way from the start, following the directions.  Trying to bypass things by taking the wire directly to ground resulted in a message stating that the parking brake wire appeared to be improperly installed.  So, I wired it correctly, which brings me to the following observation.  I should note that I have also correctly wired the VSS to the unit.  So, it doesn't appear that one has to have the parking brake wire directly wired directly to ground (although that may be a more simple installation for most people).  However, I should note that when I went through the bypass operations, step by step, I did have the parking brake engaged.  I haven't received any messages of improper installation, and if I wanted to do so, I can actually view video directly from an iPhone 6 through the HDMI connection (using the Apple video adapter) even when driving.  I do NOT intend to watch any videos while driving, though.  That just isn't safe.  But if the kid decided that he wanted to watch a movie on a long drive, it would be possible.  This was more of a technical question for me.  So, I can confirm that the bypass does work with the 8000 and firmware 1.08.  No problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too receive this message about the "parking brake not properly engaged" when I am driving.

the parking brake wire is connected directly to the neg (-)/Black powerlead that goes into the device -  I soldered it myself before I gave the installer my unit to install.

I did follow the instructions to do the 'software bypass' too - no difference, I get the same message after I receive the "set on" confirmation.

I can still do all the functions, while driving, but this message pops up at least once a day!. Very frustrating. 

But my biggest issue is, I cannot enable the "Apps" feature with Appradio(Pioneer), AppradioUnleased or AppradioUnleased Reloaded. According to the developer (ARU & ARUR) - the parking brake wire bypass ONLY work on EU models not on USA models.

Can anyone that get this message please confirm that you have the US version of the 8000NEX, please?

Ideas? Help? DO I need a double-bypass thingy connected to the US 8000NEX to make the bypass work fully?

Thanks

I too receive this message about the "parking brake not properly engaged" when I am driving.

the parking brake wire is connected directly to the neg (-)/Black powerlead that goes into the device -  I soldered it myself before I gave the installer my unit to install.

I did follow the instructions to do the 'software bypass' too - no difference, I get the same message after I receive the "set on" confirmation.

I can still do all the functions, while driving, but this message pops up at least once a day!. Very frustrating. 

But my biggest issue is, I cannot enable the "Apps" feature with Appradio(Pioneer), AppradioUnleased or AppradioUnleased Reloaded. According to the developer (ARU & ARUR) - the parking brake wire bypass ONLY work on EU models not on USA models.

Can anyone that get this message please confirm that you have the US version of the 8000NEX, please?

Ideas? Help? DO I need a double-bypass thingy connected to the US 8000NEX to make the bypass work fully?

Thanks

perhaps doing a better job on a grd or grding to a diff location would suffice

Thanks

I took the green cable about 1' from where it come out of the plug, stripped it clean for about 1/4" and did the same to the black wire. Then I soldered these two wires together and warp it with heat shrink Wrap.

Any other spots what could be better to connect the green to the ground, I'll appreciate your response,

Thanks

Thanks

I took the green cable about 1' from where it come out of the plug, stripped it clean for about 1/4" and did the same to the black wire. Then I soldered these two wires together and warp it with heat shrink Wrap.

Any other spots what could be better to connect the green to the ground, I'll appreciate your response,

Thanks

I was under the assumption you could ground the wire to the chassis of the car, and then enable the software bypass.

As I stated in an earlier post, I soldered the green wire to the parking brake signal (the wire going to the parking brake switch, which grounds when the parking brake is engaged, turning on the parking brake engaged lamp).  I then engaged the parking brake, and performed the bypass procedure.  This is with an AVIC 8000NEX installed in a 2002 Tundra.  All is working well, and I have yet to have ANY sort of a message saying that something was improperly wired.  Everything is working perfectly.  I'm not sure if wiring it per instructions, engaging the parking brake, and THEN doing the bypass - in that order -- had something to do with it, but it is all working fine for me.

Just installed a AVIC-4000NEX unit and followed instructions for bypass. Does this procedure work on the 4000 or do i need the micro bypass wire?

When I try to hold quadrant 4 down for 15 seconds, nothing happens.

Please Advise

John

There is no AVIC-4000. You have an AVH-4000. So you have have a microbypass.

Thanks

I have the AVIC 8000NEX, and I do have the US version (noting also that I have updated with the 1.08 firmware).  One thing to note on my install, which did work without any messages (noting also that I have updated with the 1.08 firmware):  On the 2002 Toyota Tundra, the signal for the parking brake is hot (12V) when the parking brake is not engaged (this is consistent with the installation manual).  When the parking brake engages, the signal grounds, and then also turns on the dash "brake engaged" light.   This is quite different than simply taking the signal wire to ground.  Perhaps this is the trick to not getting the message.  I don't know.  However, I do know that all works perfectly for me, with no messages on the AVIC 8000NEX installed in my 2002 Tundra.  I cannot comment on the AppRadio part of the question - I use Apple CarPlay and an iPhone 6 (I also connect an iPhone 5C to this unit with the same results).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Thanks

Bert I think the way to go is to follow DJR's lead and ground the unit as Pioneer wants it and use the software hack. As far as I can figure the unit looks for 2 pulses to recognize and pass the signal to enable Apps, so unless any added brake relay is programed to mimic the new 2 pulse I think we will have problems. I plan to remove my relay and wire as per manufactuer and use software hack and see if that does it.

this mentions the double pulse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb0UJQ8W3Os

*removed relay amazon link

2004 RSX

NEX 8000

• 3 weeks later...