AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

Well shit. I purchased the AVIC 8100NEX last week and just had a guy at the local shop install it. I went to test a music video and if I have it in gear it will not play. So BAM, here I am trying to find a fix. I went out and turned it off and then put my finger on lower left quadrant but nothing came up, do I have to have it grounded and such before that will even pop up? FFS I hate to have to take it out of my dash just to ground it. Any help would be appreciated. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

There is no AVIC-4000. You have an AVH-4000. So you have have a microbypass.

I see your point since it AVIC-4000 does not have navi. I just moved from a 3 month old AVH unit to a AVIC-4000. Yes it's in the AVIC family!

/\ Anyhoot /\

I went with the 4000 because first it was killer deal already loaded with Firmware for $400 new, I personally could care less about the pioneer navi. I use google maps with Mobile and works better then my friends 8000.

I wanted it for the CarPlay. I really hope can use google maps on screen but if not ever because Apple maps sucks with no live traffic but doubt Apple will allow them to use.

My question is if I wanted to grab up the stand alone navi system. Does anyone think that would be an issues because now the operation system is showing I'm moving? Don't know if anyone has this setup or heard of way someone bypassed it if it even was an issue.

Just used my harness with bypass already wired up from my AVH and works fine because there is no navi. Wondering if it would change things if added since on screen bypass obviously isn't there like 5000+ models.

Or even maybe the screen bypass process will come to light after the stand alone navi install???

Makes me curious just to try it and see what happens.

Installed my AVIC-8100nex using a Pac-Audio RP4-HD11. The AVIC parking brake input is connected to the Pac-Audio parking brake output, NOT to ground. Pressed the correct location on the screen and the bypass works. Firmware 1.01 currently.

If you're not in the US all you have to do is ground your parking brake wire.

(I'm sorry.. I REALLY can't resist...)

So if I take a quick run down to Mexico, I don't have to do anything special to bypass?  Will that "stick" when I drive north of the border again?   :evil:

Hoestly if you have to ask this question you should probably not be doing your own installs in any way. That being said you splice the wire to a ground wire. The back wire from the unit harness will suffice.

People come here for information, not humiliation.

There are no dumb questions, just arrogant answers.

People come here for information, not humiliation.

There are no dumb questions, just arrogant answers.

But if certain questions are asked, then the moderator is correct, they shouldnt be messing with 12 volt electronics and the possibility of burning his vehicle down