AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

Confirmed the soft bypass works on the AVic-8100nex.  Mfg date Feb 2015.  No need to ground the parking break.

My setup;

Ford 2009 F150 Lariat SuperCrew

Avic-8100nex

idatalink- Maestro-RR

Idatalink -f01 wire harness

Carplay and android auto both work fine.(I have two phones.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirming, hooked up AVIC-8000NEX to my 2011 Traverse with rear seat entertainment. Connected wires per diagrams. Performed bypass and it works perfect.

I have only tried video, not typing in address's on NAV or other options yet.

Did NOT need to ground parking brake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Avic 7100nex installed and I'm trying to get my Note 4 to work on Android Auto. 

I have the latest firmware installed (1.03) and My Note 4 has 5.01 firmware to qualify for the Android Auto

I did the manual bypass thingy where I press my thumb in the bottom corner to see the "set on" feature. 

When I plug in my note 4 I get the "stop, setup will continue when you're vehicle is parked.  pull the park brake". 

Then when I see the android auto on the Head unit, I see the warning that Android Auto will not connect unless safe to do so. 

I pull the freakin park brake, I have the vehicle in park, I even press the brake.  I also turn off the car and just turn it on without turning on the engine. 

No luck.  I even reset the unit and my phone.  Nothing. 

I called my installer, and he said that my park brake was grounded, but I'm seeing posts that it doesn't need to be grounded for android auto, so I'm confused. 

Is it Samsung's issue?  

Please help. 

Also, I don't know how to ground the parking brake wire as I need to see pictures.  If you write it saying I need to splice it won't help me. 

but it sounds like I need to take apart the unit from the dash and go behind the unit and splice?  Too technical for me.  I can take it back to my installer, but I have had problem with them already.  

How will I know if my wiring was grounded in the first place if they say they grounded it?  

New guy so I would like to start off by saying 'thanks' to all those who have posted regarding this issue. You all have been a HUGE help! Without you, I would be completely bald. . .

I had the AVIC-5000NEX installed in a '07 Dodge Ram replacing the OEM nav system. I go to pick it up after the installation and see the green parking brake wire laying on the floorboard. "Just ground it and you are good to go" they tell me. I asked why they didn't. They reply they can not do it for either liability/law reasons? Never heard of this. Whatever. Easy to do in any event, although connecting to the parking brake lead was going to be a PITA. . . .

On the way home I have to listen to 'her' letting me know that I was speeding. That was absolutely annoying. . .!! I tried to set this in the Map Settings and it is greyed out unable to select it. . . What the hell? I spend the next two hours, resetting, powering up/down, researching to no avail and then it dawns on me, the green parking brake wire??? No, it can't be. . . So I call the installer, who says that shouldn't be the issue, but speaks to the actual installer and comes back to me and says you need to ground it. OK, so I do.

I now then am able to adjust the Map Settings turning the speed visual/audible warning off. Success! BUT, upon startup of the vehicle I get the prompt about the parking brake cable not being correctly connected. I dismiss it and determine that when the vehicle is stopped, I am able to access these Settings. When the vehicle is in motion, they are again greyed out. So it appears that in conjunction with the parking brake, the unit senses the vehicle motion in determining what can be accessed or not when in motion.

I certainly do not want to dismiss that prompt every time and a quick DuckDuck Go search brings me here to AVIC411! I immediately find this topic and the software bypass and activate it! Everything in the world is right now! Well, almost right. Where the hell is the CarPlay update already Pioneer. . . ?? Again thanks and if you have any questions, let me know! A great unit by the way!

Hey I was just wondering if you ever figured out the problem I have a 2014 GMC Sierra I didn't do the instal yet but I can't input the destination on my nex 8000 or access the settings because it is greyed out please get back with me will the motion bypass fix this problem
  • 2 weeks later...