AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It 'kinda' worked on my 7200. The little menu came up, and I was able to disable.

But about 2-3 minutes later it tells me it has detected that the cable is incorrectly grounded.

I have it grounded to a metal cross beam behind the dash.

- Would I be better off just using the black grounding wire for the radio?

• 1 month later...

It worked on my 8200 without changing anything on the brake wire.   However, after driving for 15 minutes or so I can no longer input an address or get to any settings in the nav window even after I stop.  I also don't get the radio data at the bottom of the nav window after that 15 minutes.  The only solution is to turn the car off, then restart and it's all available again.  Doesn't seem to do this with "Set Off".   Anyone else get that?

It worked on my 8200 without changing anything on the brake wire.   However, after driving for 15 minutes or so I can no longer input an address or get to any settings in the nav window even after I stop.  I also don't get the radio data at the bottom of the nav window after that 15 minutes.  The only solution is to turn the car off, then restart and it's all available again.  Doesn't seem to do this with "Set Off".   Anyone else get that?

After grounding the brake wire, I no longer get the issue with locking out the address and such.  So to clear it up, just doing the "set-on" lets you do things temporarily, but grounding the brake wire makes the "set-on" fully work.

​MOD NOTE!!! This will be the official bypass thread for the AVIC NEX series. Please follow these directions to the letter to achieve the proper bypass.

Did some research on the new NEX 8000. By useing the old pioneer quadrant technology you can bypass the in motion safety shutdown.

Step 1 ground parking brake wire

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

Enjoy Safely ;)

​MOD NOTE!!! This will be the official bypass thread for the AVIC NEX series. Please follow these directions to the letter to achieve the proper bypass.

Did some research on the new NEX 8000. By useing the old pioneer quadrant technology you can bypass the in motion safety shutdown.

Step 2 turn power on push main menu button (bottom center)

Step 3 push AV icon (bottom center)

Step 4 on AV icon screen push off button (towards bottom)

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds. "set on" icon will appear that means you are done.

Enjoy Safely ;)

For 5200 model:

Step 2 press "4 square" (menu) button on left side of screen

Step 3 touch AV (lower screen)

Step 4 touch "source OFF "

Step 5 touch quadrant 4 (half inch in and half inch up from left lower corner of touch screen) hold your finger there for about 10-12 seconds, "set on" icon will appear

Step 6 touch "set on" and you are done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed my 8100 NEX with firmware version 1.05. I grounded the parking wire and performed  the quadrant 4 method. I was given the message "set off". I started driving and about 1 minute in got the warning that the parking brake is not connected. Do i do this wrong? How often does that message come up?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I have the AVIC 8000NEX, and I do have the US version (noting also that I have updated with the 1.08 firmware).  One thing to note on my install, which did work without any messages (noting also that I have updated with the 1.08 firmware):  On the 2002 Toyota Tundra, the signal for the parking brake is hot (12V) when the parking brake is not engaged (this is consistent with the installation manual).  When the parking brake engages, the signal grounds, and then also turns on the dash "brake engaged" light.   This is quite different than simply taking the signal wire to ground.  Perhaps this is the trick to not getting the message.  I don't know.  However, I do know that all works perfectly for me, with no messages on the AVIC 8000NEX installed in my 2002 Tundra.  I cannot comment on the AppRadio part of the question - I use Apple CarPlay and an iPhone 6 (I also connect an iPhone 5C to this unit with the same results).

:idea: Light bulb!

This makes absolute sense to me. I've been getting the "improper connection of parking brake lead" for a couple years now. I largely ignore it by hitting OK and carrying on with what I was doing. In the end it has no impact on the full functionality of my 6100NEX even while continuing to move at speed. This is because I've also used the software bypass, which enables access to the HU full functionality regardless of the state of the parking brake lead. However, the HU does apparently continue to periodically check the state of the parking brake lead. It then throws the warning message out if it sees a low or ground voltage on the line - while the unit is moving IIRC. It probably does this by checking the PB lead level in combination with the level on the pink speed wire (and probably not the GPS, which would be overly complicated).

Following some of my own RTFM advice and referring to the Pioneer installation diagram ... it corroborates what you're saying, DJR. As you can see, it shows the light green parking brake lead connected to the "POWER SUPPLY SIDE OF THE SWITCH", indicating it would be at a high voltage state (12V presumably) until the switch is engaged (i.e. parked), at which point it's pulled to 0V (ground).

AVIC_PB_hookup.png

Thus, the instruction to "Ground the Parking Brake Lead" is misleading. If it's to be connected to anything, it should probably be set high (i.e. connected to the 12V rail) in order to defeat the periodic "improper connection of parking brake lead" message.

I just installed my 8100 NEX with firmware version 1.05. I grounded the parking wire and performed  the quadrant 4 method. I was given the message "set off". I started driving and about 1 minute in got the warning that the parking brake is not connected. Do i do this wrong? How often does that message come up?

Thanks!

I don't think you need to ground the parking brake if you're doing the quadrant bypass