AVIC411.com

Official AVIC NEX Bypass (AVIC NEX Units Only)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least up until this unit was released the brake wire had to be grounded along with other proceeders to properly achieve the bypass. It has been reported by a couple of people here that the hidden screen proceeded detailed here is all that's needed to achieve the bypass but I'm not sure I would trust that you won't have issues later. Be safe and ground the wire.

Yeah I would say try that. That way we can get a good idea if the wire actually needs to be grounded and if Pioneer actually did change the bypass scheme. Just be aware though. If this whole secret screen thing is by accident, they will likely fix it in the first update.

I didn't do my own head unit install, but I did take it back apart after to fix some of the connections that the installer did incorrectly, as well as run more wiring to get my phone to connect to the AppRadio. You are correct that I am very inexperienced, but splicing wires isn't hard. :) I just need to know which ones. Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated! :)

it clearly says on the wire with a little green tag on a green wire "PARKING BRAKE WIRE" just use a tap connector to the ground connected on the harness

Okay, thanks for the info.  Would you suggest me try just the bypass first?  If it starts throwing the error later, then I can ground the wire.  Is that a logical enough approach to the problem?

That is precisely what I did on my AVIC-8000NEX. It's been a couple of weeks now and a) the bypass is still working just fine, and B) the nag screens I was getting when my parking brake input was tied to ground have not reappeared.

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy the past few days.  I can confirm, though, that all that was needed was the bypass.  It has been working for a couple of days no without any issue.  If this gets patched in the next firmware update, then I will tackle the grounding then.

Also, drenyce311, I am aware that the wire states "parking brake wire", but thank you for clearing that up for me.  That is kind of you.

Sorry for the delay, I have been busy the past few days.  I can confirm, though, that all that was needed was the bypass.  It has been working for a couple of days no without any issue.  If this gets patched in the next firmware update, then I will tackle the grounding then.

Also, drenyce311, I am aware that the wire states "parking brake wire", but thank you for clearing that up for me.  That is kind of you.

My generocity is for everyone. I am here to help our community. Thanks for the kind words.

New guy so I would like to start off by saying 'thanks' to all those who have posted regarding this issue. You all have been a HUGE help! Without you, I would be completely bald. . .

I had the AVIC-5000NEX installed in a '07 Dodge Ram replacing the OEM nav system. I go to pick it up after the installation and see the green parking brake wire laying on the floorboard. "Just ground it and you are good to go" they tell me. I asked why they didn't. They reply they can not do it for either liability/law reasons? Never heard of this. Whatever. Easy to do in any event, although connecting to the parking brake lead was going to be a PITA. . . .

On the way home I have to listen to 'her' letting me know that I was speeding. That was absolutely annoying. . .!! I tried to set this in the Map Settings and it is greyed out unable to select it. . . What the hell? I spend the next two hours, resetting, powering up/down, researching to no avail and then it dawns on me, the green parking brake wire??? No, it can't be. . . So I call the installer, who says that shouldn't be the issue, but speaks to the actual installer and comes back to me and says you need to ground it. OK, so I do.

I now then am able to adjust the Map Settings turning the speed visual/audible warning off. Success! BUT, upon startup of the vehicle I get the prompt about the parking brake cable not being correctly connected. I dismiss it and determine that when the vehicle is stopped, I am able to access these Settings. When the vehicle is in motion, they are again greyed out. So it appears that in conjunction with the parking brake, the unit senses the vehicle motion in determining what can be accessed or not when in motion.

I certainly do not want to dismiss that prompt every time and a quick DuckDuck Go search brings me here to AVIC411! I immediately find this topic and the software bypass and activate it! Everything in the world is right now! Well, almost right. Where the hell is the CarPlay update already Pioneer. . . ?? Again thanks and if you have any questions, let me know! A great unit by the way!

New guy so I would like to start off by saying 'thanks' to all those who have posted regarding this issue.  You all have been a HUGE help!  Without you, I would be completely bald. . . 

I had the AVIC-5000NEX installed in a '07 Dodge Ram replacing the OEM nav system.  I go to pick it up after the installation and see the green parking brake wire laying on the floorboard.  "Just ground it and you are good to go" they tell me.  I asked why they didn't.  They reply they can not do it for either liability/law reasons?  Never heard of this.  Whatever.  Easy to do in any event, although connecting to the parking brake lead was going to be a PITA. . . .

On the way home I have to listen to 'her' letting me know that I was speeding.  That was absolutely annoying. . .!!   I tried to set this in the Map Settings and it is greyed out unable to select it. . .  What the hell?  I spend the next two hours, resetting, powering up/down, researching to no avail and then it dawns on me, the green parking brake wire??? No, it can't be. . .   So  I call the installer, who says that shouldn't be the issue, but speaks to the actual installer and comes back to me and says you need to ground it.  OK, so I do.

I now then am able to adjust the Map Settings turning the speed visual/audible warning off.  Success!  BUT, upon startup of the vehicle I get the prompt about the parking brake cable not being correctly connected.  I dismiss it and determine that when the vehicle is stopped, I am able to access these Settings.  When the vehicle is in motion, they are again greyed out.  So it appears that in conjunction with the parking brake, the unit senses the vehicle motion in determining what can be accessed or not when in motion. 

I certainly do not want to dismiss that prompt every time and a quick DuckDuck Go search brings me here to AVIC411!  I immediately find this topic and the software bypass and activate it!  Everything in the world is right now!  Well, almost right.  Where the hell is the CarPlay update already Pioneer. . . ??  Again thanks and if you have any questions, let me know!  A great unit by the way!

ground the parking brake green wire after to having to incessantly listen to her letting me know that I was speeding all the way home!  Geez, enough already!  I remove the AUX cable they installed, thankfully not charging me for it, and a few other minor things.  Start it back up and get the prompt about the parking brake cable not being correctly connected.  Dismiss it and FINALLY get to the Settings to turn the speeding prompts turned off

8)